BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 20, 2014, 09:45:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: vivo barefoot evos...  (Read 10194 times)
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 11:59:43 AM »

they do look nice - if i had the extra dough it would be a no brainer - would love to have them in the collection - but since i dont i have to be selective as to my next minimalist purchase - honestly - 3 pair of kso and 1 treks - i got the running shoes covered for now unless i see a good deal or a MUST HAVE item - but in the casual area - i am still looking around - if those evos were under 100 i would prob pull the trigger - 160 - wooh - i wonder how much the bikilas are going for

I think the Biklias were priced to be $115 give or take $10.

really? too high imo

I think the treks are overpriced at $125 since they come unglued. Without competition vibram can set their prices as high as they want and we'll still buy them.
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 11:59:43 AM »

BorisTerzic

BorisTerzic is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »

Deos anyone know how much they will weight? Over at Runners World, they are talking about 8 ounces per show. That is very heavy for a minimalist shoe, certainly sense the Mizuno Ware Universe are 3.9ounces.

Anyone have the scoop on this?

AlanH

AlanH is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 04:09:54 PM »

Here is the product description:

"The EVO is designed to be the ultimate minimalist running shoe. The TPU Cage has breathable mesh and lightweight micro fiber reinforcements for maximum breathability and support while only weighing in at 8 ounces.

The updated slim line VivoBarefoot shape and new ultra thin (4mm) soft rubber sole give maximum barefoot performance and response.

The EVO is like running barefoot, but a little bit better.

VivoBarefoot, launched in 2003, is the original barefoot shoe collection with a patented ultra thin puncture resistant sole that allows your feet to be as millions of years of evolutionary design intended - Barefoot!

The EVO is part of this back-to-basics design based on the simple principle that being barefoot is the healthiest way for you and your feet to be.

Protects, Stimulates, Strengthens, Realigns, Improves Health"
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »

i would imagine the evo to feel alot like the kso - sole thickness is where its at for me - and the evo no doubt would perform adequately there - but 160$ - oofah - alan - you lucky dawg -what color did u get

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »

AlanH

AlanH is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 11:17:09 PM »

I went ahead and got the yellow. Tracking number indicates it has arrived here in Utah so I should get it tomorrow! I just plan on using it as a sports shoe for basketball, racquetball, volleyball, etc. I'm still going to use my FF for running and such.

We'll see how I like 'em tomorrow...
AlanH

AlanH is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 10:57:06 PM »

Well, good news and bad news.

Good news is that the shoe arrived... And a concern I had was that the shoe would be too narrow but that is definitely not the case. It is wide enough so that your feet are not scrunched at all. I have wide feet so that is saying something. Also, the outer mesh is really cool.

The bad news is that I got a size up anticipating it being smaller because that has been my experience with TP. Theeeen I check out their site today and it NOW says this:

"Please Note: The Evo is running true to size. Weight measurements are taken from a single shoe, size 43. With the insole it weighs 8.2 ounces, without the insole it weighs 7.25 ounces."

Sooo, I have to purchase another pair true to size because yes, it is true to size so the ones I have are far too large.

I am going to purchase another pair right now and send my others back. I'm not going to get the yellows again, though. The yellow around the ankle looks bland and Crayola like (weird, I know). So, I'll see how the black ends up being but unfortunately I won't be able to really comment on their performance until next week.
BorisTerzic

BorisTerzic is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 11:30:45 PM »

"Please Note: The Evo is running true to size. Weight measurements are taken from a single shoe, size 43. With the insole it weighs 8.2 ounces, without the insole it weighs 7.25 ounces."

I presume that is single per shoe? No pair.. If so that is quite heavy for a minimalist shoe.

echo zero

echo zero is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 04:05:22 PM »

how flexible are the uppers, are they similar to ksos flexibility? is there alot of vertical space in the toe box, or are they quite low? i might get a pair to use instead of ksos for running.

wetsuit boots for cold weather
AlanH

AlanH is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 02:29:08 PM »

The upper is actually pretty flexible. And there is sufficient vertical space in the toe box.

I still have yet to run in the Evo's though because I had to send me first pair back because of sizing issues. I still plan on using the KSO's for running. I'm hoping to use the Evo's for sports like raquetball and soccer.

I eventually want to use the Bikilas as my running shoe instead of the KSO's.
haraldfather

haraldfather is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 03:23:06 AM »

Alan, where did you find this info?:

Please Note: The Evo is running true to size. Weight measurements are taken from a single shoe, size 43. With the insole it weighs 8.2 ounces, without the insole it weighs 7.25 ounces.

and

The EVO is designed to be the ultimate minimalist running shoe. The TPU Cage has breathable mesh and lightweight micro fiber reinforcements for maximum breathability and support while only weighing in at 8 ounces.

The updated slim line VivoBarefoot shape and new ultra thin (4mm) soft rubber sole give maximum barefoot performance and response.
AlanH

AlanH is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »

The last week of February, Terra Plana sent an exclusive email out to those had registered for email updates on the Evo's. The description of the shoes was in that email. The note about size was actually on the product description on the order page.

It seems the Evo's are no longer for sale right now because I tried the link I was given previously and now it's doesn't work.

I actually had bad luck in getting the right set of Evo's I want. The yellow was too large because that sizing note was not there the first day they were available when I purchased them. Then, when I ordered another pair in the black color, once I got those I didn't like the look (I'm picky about coloring on shoes, major weakness...) so I ended up sending those back. Unfortunately, the Evo's aren't available for purchase until April I believe so I have to wait until then to get them.

Fuuuun times....
haraldfather

haraldfather is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 02:48:02 AM »

Thanks Alan. (I actually got that mail.  Smiley)
Strange that the sizing info isn't on the product page.
As for availability, at least on their own site, it seems that most black and white sizes are in stock but not so many of the green and yellow.
kaioslider

kaioslider is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 10:31:56 AM »

I talked to my sister a couple of days ago.  She ran track in HS and College and has run a marathon.  Over the holidays we had a chance to go running together and while we ran (me in my VFFs) I talked about the barefoot form.  She told me that when she ran in HS that is how she ran, but when she went to college they told her to run heel-forefoot and she said she had to relearn how to run. She has had knee pain for several years now and consequently has not run as much opting for walking instead.  So as I talked about the minimalist running and how many runners told they could not run again have rediscovered running barefoot/minimalist, she was very interested.  She just can't seem to bring herself to getting a pair of VFFs, so she was eyeing the Evo, but, as it turns out, she's not going to pay $160.  She got a pair of Reeboks (I think) with a flat sole for $60.  And I have to say I agree with her at least in the sense that $160 is outrageous, it's not like these are made in the U.S., Canada, or the EU, their made in China.  My KSOs cost me $85 and I figure with the toe pockets have at least as difficult to manufacture if not more so than the Evo.  My feet don't cost me a dime. 

Sadly, while I'll be disappointed if the Bikilas cost this much, I won't be completely surprised - but I won't be buying a pair for that much.  The Treks are at the max of what I'd pay and as of yet, I don't own a pair. 

Twitter: kaioslider
Run tracking: http://runkeeper.com/user/kaioslider
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 07:01:33 PM »

fyi - got an email that tplana has received more evo stock - ck it out - i'm not in the market for another pair but i do love and get good use from my yellow black 46 evos - i rec for the those looking for minimalist reg look run shoe

zapsurf13

zapsurf13 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 08:45:41 PM »

Im having a real hard time restraining myself from the black Evo's. I just told my wife I know what  I want for Fathers Day!

Make friends with pain and you will never be alone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: