BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 21, 2014, 10:11:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wide toe box socks  (Read 1161 times)
dalemc

dalemc is a new face.

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »

I love the concept of toe socks but am having a hard time finding some that fit my feet AND do not cut the circulation to/from my toes. Up until now I have been wearing both Balega Hidden Comfort/Dry socks. It wasn't until I tried a pair of toe socks that I realized that the toe box in my Balegas are too narrow. So I am wondering, what socks will allow a natural toe splay without the toe sock style?

I noticed that a pair of thicker Darn Tough socks that I bought specifically for backpacking/hiking have sufficient room in the toe areas but haven't tried an everyday sock of theirs yet.

Thanks!
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »

Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »

Haven't seen any, and a quick Google netted me nothing. Can you just go sockless? I used to hate the idea of not wearing socks and as I started ditching my shoes when I did have to put them on I found that there were no socks in them.
dalemc

dalemc is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:37:26 AM »

Not sure if it matters, but I will say that they are for use with Altra Adams and Altra Instincts. It seems senseless to use a restrictive sock with shoes that feature a nice wide toe box.

No socks doesn't work for me Smiley
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 04:47:29 PM »

I wear cheap cotton socks from Wal-Mart and my toes splay just fine in my STEMs.  I have not had a sock so stiff and restrictive that it limited toe splay.  Maybe in a pair of very heavy winter socks or something, but never in a pair of crew socks.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 04:47:29 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: