BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 31, 2014, 11:32:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Any newbies not even have VFFs yet?  (Read 5088 times)
Sytera

Sytera is a new face.

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2009, 10:28:45 AM »

Maybe that is why there aren't many posts in this board.  Maybe the newbies are so new they don't even have VFFs yet...like me!  I spent a week searching for reviews to make sure they were what I wanted.  Now I am searching for the style, color, & size that I need.  Finding it in stock is the hardest part!  I finally found them (Grey/Fuschia KSOs W40) in stock but the shipping is outrageous!  Now I can't decide if I want to go with them or something not exactly what I want for $10 less and Free Shipping!!  Maybe I should just sell some of my kids' stuff and buy myself both!!!

Anyway, does anyone else that browses these forums not even own VFFs yet?  Or am I the only one willing to admit it?!?!
« on: September 28, 2009, 10:28:45 AM »

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 10:31:55 AM »

Most of the active members have VFFs. I would presume most of the guests and lurkers might be vff-less.
sopo

sopo is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 10:34:01 AM »

I think once you post, you've been bitten pretty hard by the bug and buy some pretty soon afterward.  Wink

Stephanie

"When they tell you not to panic, you RUN!"
Sytera

Sytera is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 10:37:40 AM »

I think once you post, you've been bitten pretty hard by the bug and buy some pretty soon afterward.  Wink

They are in my cart at two different online retailers!!  I just have to decide which pair I want more!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 10:37:40 AM »

sopo

sopo is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 01:14:21 PM »

Told ya.  Grin

I started with black KSOs, brought them home but too tight. Went to a different store, came home with Classics and now have a bigger pair of black KSOs on their way. Can't wait to get them here.

Now I have a list of others I 'really need'.... guess I have to get off my bum and work harder to pay for them.  Wink

Stephanie

"When they tell you not to panic, you RUN!"
RobbieD

RobbieD is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 01:42:47 PM »

Hello Sytera and welcome,

I didnt read where you were from, if you ask nicely I am sure a member could purchase a pair for you and ship them at a highly reduced cost!

If anyone out there reads this and can help please post a reply.

Jake???

Sorry !

Robert.
Sytera

Sytera is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 12:54:53 PM »

The place that had the ones I really want on their site as "in stock" didn't have any of the size I need when I called this morning.  AHHH!!!  I am in the process of an ebay auction and if I don't get it I will have to go with something I don't like just so I can get some!!!
desaulniers

desaulniers is a regular 'round here.desaulniers is a regular 'round here.desaulniers is a regular 'round here.

I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 01:19:02 PM »

Hello Sytera and welcome,

I didnt read where you were from, if you ask nicely I am sure a member could purchase a pair for you and ship them at a highly reduced cost!

If anyone out there reads this and can help please post a reply.

Jake???

Sorry !

Robert.

I'm certainly not opposed to it, as I've mentioned elsewhere, but I hope to hear back from you first that all went well before taking it to the next step.

Sytera

Sytera is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »

I just ordered some!  They better not turn out to be out of stock.  Hopefully they'll let me know asap so I can still have my mom pick me up a pair if I need her to.  I'm so excited now!!!!
barefootpony

barefootpony is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »

I'm still in the process of finding a pair that fits, but even the ones I got (that were too small and I've since sold on to someone else here on the boards) had me totally sold on the idea. I find myself wanting to go out for walks (out here we have incredible trails among the redwood trees) but deflating a little at the thought of doing it in shoes! I imagine when I've got a well-fitted pair I'll be able to cater to all my outdoor-activity whims and it'll help me with my fitness goals. In the meantime I'm continuing to run barefoot on a treadmill.
MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 05:19:44 AM »

I still dont have mine. I bought some asics running shoes for $120 bucks then a day later found out about these, guess I'll now have two running shoes.

Mr.Deeds, rockin' Five Fingers since 2002
erich

erich is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 02:22:09 PM »

I do not have any yet.  I am excited to get a pair and start training for a marathon in Seattle WA. 
leahfree

leahfree is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 10:13:13 PM »

Maybe that is why there aren't many posts in this board.  Maybe the newbies are so new they don't even have VFFs yet...like me!  I spent a week searching for reviews to make sure they were what I wanted.  Now I am searching for the style, color, & size that I need.  Finding it in stock is the hardest part!  I finally found them (Grey/Fuschia KSOs W40) in stock but the shipping is outrageous!  Now I can't decide if I want to go with them or something not exactly what I want for $10 less and Free Shipping!!  Maybe I should just sell some of my kids' stuff and buy myself both!!!

Anyway, does anyone else that browses these forums not even own VFFs yet?  Or am I the only one willing to admit it?!?!

I just joined and I don't own a pair .... YET.  I plan to buy a pair very soon.  I'm a minimalist when it comes to running.  I've been running in Nike Frees for years.  I will be starting to training for my 2nd half marathon and marathon following.  And I want to do both in the VFFs if I can.  After reading about the VFFs I'm sold!
ashotis

ashotis is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 06:44:31 PM »

I ordered a pair last night. :]
I wanted to make sure that these shoes were something I really wanted. I've spent the last couple weeks doing research and I decided to purchase a black pair of the Sprints. I just hope they fit.. The website SAID there was a store where I lived, but it must have closed, because there is none. :[ So I had to order... We'll see.. I am very, very excited to get them though!!

All you need is love!
bigtruckguy3500

bigtruckguy3500 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 08:25:24 PM »

I'm still saving up the money (student).  But it works out since I'm waiting for the store that's close to me to get my size, or what I think my size is, anyways.  Surprisingly it is only $5 (plus tax) more expensive in the local store than anywhere I've found online.  So I figure why not support a local business AND get a good fit while I'm at it.

I'm hoping to get it soon though.  I really want to give these a whirl!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: