BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 30, 2014, 01:00:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Are my VFF Speeds fake?  (Read 9690 times)
trying2snow

trying2snow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »

Greed? I paid full price, and from a UK seller, not china etc. and forgive me for not knowing the ins and outs of Vibrams various reseller policies.

Anyway, bad news, eBay decided to side with the seller unless I could get written documentation from Vibram stating they were fake, take the item to my local police station, have item destroyed, collect certificate saying item has been destroyed and then send this to ebay, all within 10 days. That's eBay for you I guess. The seller will now go on to sell.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »

bareninja

bareninja is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 10:53:23 AM »

So you paid full price from an ebay seller when you could have paid full price from an authorized stockist and be sure of getting genuine?am i misssing something?

Its is clear to see on the offical fivefinger website stating that no AS is allowed to sell via ebay amazon etc. so probably all them ones you see on ebay or all fake.im sorry but a very little bit of research could have saved you alot of trouble on this.

besides people buying fivefingers through un-authorized channels only fuel the counterfeit market across all brands not just vibram.so personally i have no sympathy for anyone who chooses to go this way.
Cheese

Cheese is a new face.

It's what I do.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 11:30:18 AM »

So you paid full price from an ebay seller when you could have paid full price from an authorized stockist and be sure of getting genuine?am i misssing something?

Its is clear to see on the offical fivefinger website stating that no AS is allowed to sell via ebay amazon etc. so probably all them ones you see on ebay or all fake.im sorry but a very little bit of research could have saved you alot of trouble on this.

besides people buying fivefingers through un-authorized channels only fuel the counterfeit market across all brands not just vibram.so personally i have no sympathy for anyone who chooses to go this way.

Wow. Well thanks for the judgement.

The OP didn't do anything wrong- they used a legitimate retail outlet to purchase an item they wanted. The seller was shady, and sold them fake product.

I buy items on Ebay all the time, that doesn't mean I deserve to get screwed.

So in short, thanks bareninja, you have only taken 2 posts to prove you're a jerk. Glad I won't need to waste any more time reading the garbage you write.

P

Saying "5716 People entered a race, and I beat 5021 of them" is way cooler than telling people you came in 695th"
MCvet

MCvet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 12:29:06 PM »

Greed? I paid full price, and from a UK seller, not china etc. and forgive me for not knowing the ins and outs of Vibrams various reseller policies.

Anyway, bad news, eBay decided to side with the seller unless I could get written documentation from Vibram stating they were fake, take the item to my local police station, have item destroyed, collect certificate saying item has been destroyed and then send this to ebay, all within 10 days. That's eBay for you I guess. The seller will now go on to sell.

Screw the letter. Print out the warning on the VIBRAM site, or email the link and screenshot.  Then tell them the police told you to pound sand. The cops are not going to destroy crap, and do not have the means to do so, and it's a CIVIL matter at this point.

That's what I would do

Trek LS Brown 45... Speed black/white 46... Flow black 45... KSO REMIX 45... Bikila white/red 45... KSO trek brown 45... Komodo yellow 45... 1 Black and 1 Brown bormio's 45... Green Spyridon 45...  Yellow/Blk SeeYa 45
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 12:29:06 PM »

trying2snow

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »

The Speeds are very hard to find, even in the UK. Please show me an authorized stockist of Speeds in a range of sizes.

I'm going to take some better quality pics of the Speeds, outline the exact differences, highlighting the spelling mistakes etc. so people can spot the difference.

It's also important for people buying second hand VFF on eBay.
bareninja

bareninja is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 01:19:49 PM »

Wow. Well thanks for the judgement.

The OP didn't do anything wrong- they used a legitimate retail outlet to purchase an item they wanted.
P
[/quote]

Ebay is not a "Retail Outlet" its a platform for indivdual business or private sellers to sell via.

Alot of brands dont like to see their products being sold via ebay, they see it devalueing their brand.

Alot of brands forbid their products being sold on ebay.vibram fivefingers is one of them, thats why they insist on buying only through their authorized retailers.if people would buy through authorized channels,there would be no counterfeit problem.

If the op has opened a *snad* dispute,he will easily get a refund. take your refund,learn from this experience and move on.
bareninja

bareninja is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 01:31:43 PM »

The Speeds are very hard to find, even in the UK. Please show me an authorized stockist of Speeds in a range of sizes.

I'm going to take some better quality pics of the Speeds, outline the exact differences, highlighting the spelling mistakes etc. so people can spot the difference.

It's also important for people buying second hand VFF on eBay.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/eng/speed.aspx  -  Shipped directly from Vibram in Italy

http://www.fitnessfootwear.com/p-3057-vibram-five-fingers-speed-black-and-white.aspx   - UK authorized retailer

http://birthdayshoes.com/speed:    -   more UK authorized retailers recommended by birthdayshoes.com

equiraptor

equiraptor is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 01:32:21 PM »

Ebay is not a "Retail Outlet" its a platform for indivdual business or private sellers to sell via.

Alot of brands dont like to see their products being sold via ebay, they see it devalueing their brand.

Alot of brands forbid their products being sold on ebay.vibram fivefingers is one of them, thats why they insist on buying only through their authorized retailers.if people would buy through authorized channels,there would be no counterfeit problem.

If the op has opened a *snad* dispute,he will easily get a refund. take your refund,learn from this experience and move on.

First, thank you for actually providing some useful advice here. If you paid by credit card, trying2snow, you may be able to dispute through the CC company, as well.

bareninja, your condescending tone is unnecessary and rude, and frankly funny given your use of "alot" rather than "a lot". You're so much smarter and so much better, yet you can't even spell "a lot" correctly? See? Everyone makes mistakes. Have a little kindness and understanding.

Sprint Slate/Lichen W39 (first pair, too big), Jaya LR Almond/Copper W37, Bikila LS Black/Grey W37, SmartWool Classic Charcoal W39 (also roomy, but that's nice with the EcoStep sole), W38 KSO Trek Black
trying2snow

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 01:35:09 PM »

http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/eng/speed.aspx  -  Shipped directly from Vibram in Italy

http://www.fitnessfootwear.com/p-3057-vibram-five-fingers-speed-black-and-white.aspx   - UK authorized retailer

http://birthdayshoes.com/speed:    -  s more UK authorized sites recommended by birthdayshoes.com

Only the first link has a range of sizes and I wanted to order from the UK. Fitness footwear only has a 46.

And what of the second hand market? VFF attract a high price even when used on ebay. Some may not be able to afford the price new, but still want a genuine VFF, albiet used.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 01:36:43 PM by trying2snow » Logged
bareninja

bareninja is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 01:38:03 PM »

First, thank you for actually providing some useful advice here. If you paid by credit card, trying2snow, you may be able to dispute through the CC company, as well.

bareninja, your condescending tone is unnecessary and rude, and frankly funny given your use of "alot" rather than "a lot". You're so much smarter and so much better, yet you can't even spell "a lot" correctly? See? Everyone makes mistakes. Have a little kindness and understanding.

I apoligise for the spelling and for sounding rude, thats not what was intended. I am trying to help the op not to make the same mistake again and to try and get the message across to only buy from authorized retailers to avoid issues like this.
bareninja

bareninja is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »

http://birthdayshoes.com/speed:    -  s more UK authorized sites recommended by birthdayshoes.com

Only the first link has a range of sizes and I wanted to order from the UK. Fitness footwear only has a 46.

And what of the second hand market? VFF attract a high price even when used on ebay. Some may not be able to afford the price new, but still want a genuine VFF, albiet used.

With the smell that the kso can create. I would not like to go "used" on any fivefingers lol.
trying2snow

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 09:03:28 AM »

Quick update - I now have a pair of (I hope!) genuine fivefingers from fitnessfootwear, a Bikila this time, and the tag still has the spelling mistake on the tag, so I guess that's just Vibrams mistake and not something which points to a fake.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:05:35 AM by trying2snow » Logged
bareninja

bareninja is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 08:39:15 PM »

Quick update - I now have a pair of (I hope!) genuine fivefingers from fitnessfirst, a Bikila this time, and the tag still has the spelling mistake on the tag, so I guess that's just Vibrams mistake and not something which points to a fake.

I bought a pair of the Bikilas approx 5 months ago from fitnessfootwear, a UK company. I suspected these where fakes or factory 2nds as they just didnt seem up to the standard of Vibram, but then I thought maybe I was mistaken because fitnessfootwear are supposed to be a reputable company, so I overlooked this as my imagination. Could you post some pics of yours please, as this does seem interesting.
trying2snow

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 07:48:08 AM »

Fitnessfootwear are odd - very professional website, authorised dealer according to this very website and vibram italy website, but my Bikila were discounted to 59.99 from 119, which was very surprising (price has now gone back up to 79.99 as far as I know). I emailed my contact Mike at Primal Lifestyle, the UK distributor, and they said they were not official. I emailed Fitnessfootwear and they said they were official and that they were supplied by Primal Lifestyle and another (not named) supplier.

bareninja, you gave me a hard time over buying fakes before, but you have to admit, Vibram don't make it easy.

I have attached pictures, poor quality I'm afraid. I would like to hear from some others about the spelling mistake on the tag (groung feedback) - has anyone else seen this?
trying2snow

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 09:37:41 AM »

Regarding the spelling mistake, looks like they all have it: http://birthdayshoes.com/media/blogs/bdayshoes/FiveFingers_Bikila_SkyBlue/Vibram_Five_Fingers_BikilaBlue16.jpg
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: