BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 01, 2014, 08:19:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are my VFF Speeds fake?  (Read 9933 times)
bareninja

bareninja is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 11:16:54 AM »

Apologies if it seemed like I was having a go at you, that was not what it was intended to sound like.

As far fitnessfootwear, I really dont know. Your photos seem like they are ok but how can they sell these at 59.99 the rrp is 100 + , also all offical retailers of fivefingers has to maintain a standard pricing structure across all outlets and websites, its part of their contract as official stockists.

To me that price is just way to cheap. No way can they be authorised to sell them at that price, when other offical stockists is almost 50% more. As far not being on the list of retailers on the primal lifestyle website, well I know of 3 other offical retailers who are not on it, seems to me that primal lifestyle dont keep that list up to date. But it is very odd that when you emailed them to ask was fitness footwear on the offical list, they then said that they where not. That would have alarm bells ringing to me!

You are correct, Vibram do not make this easy!
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 11:16:54 AM »

trying2snow

trying2snow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »

Apologies if it seemed like I was having a go at you, that was not what it was intended to sound like.

Thanks bareninja.

I'm going to stick with these Bikila, at 50 (was 60 but I had a 15% discount code at checkout!) it's a great deal, and I don't think they are fake.

This experience, the worry that a VFF may be fake, has put me off getting another pair again. I'm going to get some New Balance 101's from a brick and mortar local store, and not have to worry about fakes.

I really hope Vibram do something in the future so you can check if you have a legitimate pair, a uuid serial number or something.

Barefootin Family

Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 02:24:02 PM »

Thanks bareninja.

I'm going to stick with these Bikila, at 50 (was 60 but I had a 15% discount code at checkout!) it's a great deal, and I don't think they are fake.

This experience, the worry that a VFF may be fake, has put me off getting another pair again. I'm going to get some New Balance 101's from a brick and mortar local store, and not have to worry about fakes.

A way to help spot fakes is on this site. They have a list of known retailers that sell fakes, I think. If not, it might have been another site, and maybe we should start a list.

I really hope Vibram do something in the future so you can check if you have a legitimate pair, a uuid serial number or something.

Be free.
Bango Skank

Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.

master of the five fingered discount :O

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »

The picture of the Speeds you took look exactly like the picture posted on Vibram's Italian site.  The ones that Justin owns look different from the official model.  Maybe Justin owns the preproduction model and you own the real thing?

Justin's: http://birthdayshoes.com/vibram-five-fingers-speed-first-look-initial-review-and-photos
Official: http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/eng/speed.aspx#

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
-Buddha
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »

VFF~Lover

VFF~Lover is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »

The picture of the Speeds you took look exactly like the picture posted on Vibram's Italian site.  The ones that Justin owns look different from the official model.  Maybe Justin owns the preproduction model and you own the real thing?

Justin's: http://birthdayshoes.com/vibram-five-fingers-speed-first-look-initial-review-and-photos
Official: http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/eng/speed.aspx#

I actually got my pair of speeds in yesterday and they look exactly like Justin's model, everyone on here was saying primal lifestyle sold fakes and it freaked me out when i ordered from them not knowing this initially. Anyway the pair i got a most definitely not fakes, all the tells you see on fakes aren't there on these.
Bango Skank

Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »

Hmmmm....

What do you all think of this seller? 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260755731272&category=63889&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_4621wt_1139  (work/family safe)

-Buddha
VFF~Lover

VFF~Lover is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »

Don't buy anything, ANYTHING (as regards to VFFs) on Ebay, someone said that Vibram will not sell authentic ones on Ebay or any other auction site like it. Even their authorized retailers aren't allowed to sell on Ebay or something like that. I'm totally butchering what the guy said but it was something along thoughs lines. My advice is just use birthdayshoes' store thing at the top of the web page. You can pretty much guarantee any seller on there is a authorized retailer.
pedalpavementpounder

pedalpavementpounder is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2011, 05:25:18 PM »

All you have to do is look at the color combos and structure of the shoes to know they are fake.  Just play it safe and don't every buy VFF's on ebay...99.999 percent of them are fake...and I don't think (according to Vibram) that you are supposed to sell them 3rd party. 
Bango Skank

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 06:30:24 PM »

Thanks for saving me the trouble... guess I'll have to wait till June when they're available in the US.  I still can't tell the difference... but why risk it?

-Buddha
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2011, 12:53:10 AM »

Thanks for saving me the trouble... guess I'll have to wait till June when they're available in the US.  I still can't tell the difference... but why risk it?

HI TIM! It's been a long time friend. Did you ever get that free pair of VFFs from the contest? Anyway, drop me a line sometime.
Bango Skank

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 09:48:58 AM »

HI TIM! It's been a long time friend. Did you ever get that free pair of VFFs from the contest? Anyway, drop me a line sometime.

Hey Jennifer!  Just got a pair of Komodo's (which I love) so I've been dipping in again.  No, Vibram never sent me my prize Vibes...  Sad 

It's good to hear from you!   Smiley

-Buddha
Barefootin Family

Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »

Does anyone know what the price point is going to be?

Be free.
whyfive

whyfive is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2011, 12:32:49 AM »

When are these comming out in North America?  Purchase from Vibram site?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: