BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 22, 2014, 10:18:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: classics vs smartwool classics (first pair of vff's)  (Read 1674 times)
supersoni126

supersoni126 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:50:10 PM »

hi my name is sab and ive done alot of research and looked up many reviews on vffs Grin
 and just as i was thinking about getting a pair of classics i saw that the new smartwool classics
were being advertised. but i havent seen much info and cant find ANY reviews on
it other than what may be 3 or 4 other people on this forum have to say about them.

so any info would be helpful.
now my question is.
do the smartwool classics realy keep you cooler and dryer in hot weather versus the regular classics?
 i live in Corpus Christi, Texas and temps here get up to about 110 some days Cool in the summer and
in the winter i know wool keeps you warm but temps get down into 30s sometimes but even when
its that cold i can be outside in a t shirt and shorts Tongue but my feet get cold really easy so i always wear
like 2 pairs of socks and some Harley boots lol Roll Eyes.
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:50:10 PM »

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 08:20:23 PM »

I haven't tried them, but my own experiences with Smartwool and other performance merinos suggests that they'd be great in hot weather as well as cold.  I have a whole bunch of merino t-shirts, and I wear them year round - very breathable, but also good at holding in the warmth if you put a layer over them. 

If the Smartwool Classics are like other VFFs, they'll be fine in the 30s so long as there isn't a wind.  Since they're wool, they may be better at staying warm than the regular Classics, like wool shirts are better than cotton or polypro, but that's harder to say without trying it.

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: