BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 01, 2014, 07:27:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny looks, Weird expectations, and my 1.5 yr old daughters utterly puzzled  (Read 1533 times)
Quigimon

Quigimon is a new face.

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2011, 05:04:44 AM »

I first heard about these shoes and approached the the vibram site with with some skepticism, I'm not a major runner, and was more interested in finding out what these shoes were all about. After looking and reading up on various sites, forums and reviews i figured what the hell, I'll bite the bullet and throw some money at them and give them a shot, 5 minutes later I'm standing with my back to a wall a ruler under my foot and my wife yelling at me to keep my feet still, then alas it was off to ordering, and with careful consideration after listening to all the addresses about size variations between models i just jumped into and bought my first pair. After some minor distress with the Vibram shipping confirmation, which I've seen has happened to a few other members here, the bagged box arrives, of course I'm at work and I thought about leaving early to get them but resisted. I get home and my wife goes to run an errand and i grab the bagged box, open it and remark at how light the shoes are, i pull the paper out of them and slip them on, with not too much of a struggle i might add, I must say as a side note that the little sticker on the insole could have been easily done without as i had a dickens of a time getting them out of the shoes without feeling like i was going to scratch off the sole Huh . I stand up in these new shoes, hands on my hips giving the hero stance and ready to conquer the world with my 1 and a half year old daughter playing with the toes Roll Eyes, well conquering the world is probably a few boxes down on the check list but it is definitely time to at least go out for a walk and build up to running, meanwhile I'll continue to shock the little big town that is Springfield Tn with my "Frunkey Toes"(and that is trademarked by my wife who after playing with the idea of calling me poisoned frog toes(KSO remix) and monkey toes decided to combine them in the masterpiece it is). And with all that said, thank you for all the bountiful information i have read since my joining and curses to the fivefinger concept because i lament work and it's prohibition against my comfort and foot health.
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: March 12, 2011, 05:04:44 AM »

delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 07:34:04 AM »

I am glad you enjoy your new shoes. Everyone will point, stare, snicker, and ask questions, however, I think that is one of the best things about the shoes.
Welcome to Birthdayshoes!

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
monsterbuck

monsterbuck is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 03:51:21 AM »

Haha, my 3 yr old daughter was quite mystified when I first got my FF's as well.  Now she is completely used to them and absolutely loves daddy's "toe shoes".

"We don't have a lot of time on this earth. We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements."  -Office Space
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: