BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 25, 2014, 04:42:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My bikilas  (Read 1304 times)
keaster

keaster is a new face.

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2010, 05:56:18 PM »

I have had the bikila for a couple of days, and worn them walking both outside and around the house. They feel great on my feet but i am curious whether i can wear them for more than just running? will they last if i do? how are they in the water for example? i love them so far, but just want to know if they are more versatile.
« on: October 31, 2010, 05:56:18 PM »

riceburner

riceburner is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »

basically I have found any weather is fine. Obviously if you get the white ones in the mud then they may not be white for very long. I would just wash the Bikilas in the shower by hand. That way you dont have to worry about the washing machine hurting them if that concerns you like it does me!

Cheers

ARCH SUPPORT IS FOR THE WEAK
chelsbells26

chelsbells26 is a new face.

Vibram-lover, Vegetarian :) Runner!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:20:28 PM »

I have bikilas too. I just got them a couple days ago. I wear them to run I wear them around the house I wear them just about anywhere I can. I can't wear them to work because I really don't think my job would allow it. Although I wish I could wear them to work because that is where I spend the majority of my time. I think I am going to get a pair of the classic smartwools so I can wear them when it gets colder out. Its been getting really cold out here in NJ and I would love the smartwool ones for this weather. Either way, I dont see any harm in wearing them for more than just running.
keaster

keaster is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 06:23:20 PM »

Thank you for posting,
i wore them in the water/rain today and ran in them they felt great, im washing them right now and i decided that they will be fine in any weather that you wear them in.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 06:23:20 PM »

riceburner

riceburner is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 09:21:15 PM »

there you go!  Cheesy

ARCH SUPPORT IS FOR THE WEAK
HappyHiker

HappyHiker is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 09:16:50 PM »

I have had mine for about two months and love them, I generally use my KSOs for walking around and at work as they grab less attention then my Bikilas and for general walking I like the thinner sole(I use my heavily warn sprints on the weekends when it is not too cold)

As for durability I wear mine with ininji socks so haven't had the odour problem that I got with the sprint or the KSOs yet, also running only gives them lots of time to dry.  I have about 200kms(120 miles) on them so far and have warn them through ice, rain, light snow and slush and haven't had any problems.

I can say that I have started to see a bit of a wear patter but nothing to concern me with the durability of the shoes(though I expect the 500-1000km range might require replacement like any shoe), they are definitely more durable then my sprints on pavement.

Wearing VFF for 8 years now, have worn out 7(two sprint, 3 KSOs, KMD Sports, Bikila) pairs currently have Bikila, Bikila EVO, Sprints and KSOs x 2.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: