BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 17, 2014, 11:31:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spoilt for choice  (Read 856 times)
pnit

pnit is a new face.

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2010, 01:11:52 PM »

Hi guys.  I'm about to purchase my first pair of VFFs.  I'm lucky enough to be have found almost all the models in stock in my size at local stores, although sadly limited in colour options.

A bit of background - I don't run (I'll save the long version for another post).  I came across minimalist shoes whilst researching better ergonomic options for desk-bound life (now using standing desk at work  Smiley  ).  A few days ago I bought a pair of Vivo Barefoot Aquas (once again, in stock locally!) and have fallen in love with the barefoot feel.

I went to the store knowing I would purchase a pair of KSOs if they had my size. Not only did they have my size, they also had every other VFF there, including Speeds.  Now I don't know what to get.

My short list is KSO, KSO Trek, Sprint and Speed.  I'll be using the shoes mainly for walking paved roads and footpaths and as general footwear.  I love the grip of the KSOs, but the look of the Speed is amazing (and surprisingly not too much more expensive here) but it isn't really an all-rounder (i don't think I'd wear the Speeds to the beach).

I can really only afford to buy one pair of shoes, any ideas to help me decide?
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: December 26, 2010, 01:11:52 PM »

vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 02:28:29 PM »

Id say KSO's go with just about everything but shorts and are a real good alreounder I wear mine all the time for university and to run in so much so i need another pair. But saying that the sprints are just as versatile and often overlooked great to run in great for the beach apart from if u fill them full of sand, and with long pants there doesnt tend to be much skin left on show really if that worries you.
pnit

pnit is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »

Thanks for the input. I think I will get the KSOs, which they only have in black so I'll be rocking gorilla feet.  I'll try in all the models they have though so I can take note of my size in case I need to order inline later.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: