BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 31, 2014, 11:42:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sprint issues...need reassurance  (Read 774 times)
Kami

Kami is a new face.

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »

Hi,

I have owned a pair of Sprints for about a month now.  I bought my pair in a running store in my area that happened to have them.  They measured me, I put on socks and I walked around.  Initially, I couldn't tell if my feet were cramp because of the socks or because they weren't the right size for me.

After walking around in them, the pain in the big toes (it's pressure on the toe nail) is mostly gone the longer I wear them. I still have issues with the heel though.  I keep the straps very loose but the inseam of the heel seems to dig in and I'm hoping that will go away with time (and it kind of seems to).  I don't usually notice the heel pain when I'm walking, it's when I stop moving that I notice it.  But right now, I have a burning sensation of the Achilles tendon and I'm worried that I over did it with the walking.  I'm trying to break in the Sprints and trying to get strength in my feet before I attempt to jog.

Is this normal?  Did I get sized wrong?  It was the only pair the store had and it happened to be sized for me.  I also think my toes slide up to the edge of the shoes when I walk (which might be why my heel doesn't hurt then).  So I'm kind of at a loss. 
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 03:17:09 PM »

Sprints are one of the weirder VFFs to fit, in my experience.  I'm not fond of the heel tab (it pokes up too far, in my opinion) but if you're wearing your heels loose, you might be able to shove it down a bit. 

Regarding the toes - you might try trimming your toenails first before giving up on them.  I find that if I let my toenails grow they get pressure from the little rubber bumper that folds over the tops of the toes; it's worst in Sprints, since the heel straps and the top strap encourage your foot to slide forward in the shoe.

On the Achilles tendon - that shouldn't be affected by the fit, so it's probably more your legs trying to get used to not having heel padding and having to act as shock absorbers.  I'd recommend resting it and maybe icing it to see if it feels better.  Also, calf massage and stretches that target the upper calf (you don't want to strain the lower tendon any more). 

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
Chris

Chris is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »

I get the best fit when I push me foot as far back as it will go then thighten the top strap. By doing that the back of the shoe stays where it's supposed to, making it more comfy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: