BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 18, 2014, 02:21:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sprint or Classic??  (Read 1734 times)
WasabiMommi

WasabiMommi is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2010, 01:22:24 PM »

So, I have decided! I will be buying some of these. But, I am unsure of which style to get. I live in crocs and flip flops year round. I hate, hate, hate regular shoes. They hurt and sometimes my toes feel numb!  Shocked Some of the activities I plan on doing with these awesome shoes are: Walking, running, hiking, going to the beach, lounging, sewing and so on...I have read some people complain about chafing from the Sprint strap. Any thoughts? I really like the color options of the Sprint and I don't mind taking the extra 30 seconds to get them on comfortably. Anyone else have sensitivity to pressure on their feet? Do these shoes pose any related problems? I would like to order them online (I live in a rural area and the closest REI is 50 miles away). Is there a neeeed to buy them in the store? Thank you, any answers are greatly appreciated!  Smiley
« on: February 12, 2010, 01:22:24 PM »

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:21:17 PM »

I offered a bit more info in the other thread, but I can say that I've never had any problems with strap chafing in my Sprints, and I've worn them both barefoot and with toe socks.  I had a bit of heel rubbing in the beginning, but that was about it, and I have high arches, so it's important that that part of the shoe fit well.  I've never tried the Classics, so can't offer a comparison, but I do quite like my Sprints. 

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 04:58:15 PM »

Go for classics. They're comfortable and low maintenance. I would also suggest going to REI to try them on in person, it would be worth it. Before you go definately mesaure you foot late in the day (to account for swelling) and match that up to the vibram sizing chart so you have a starting point. Then try on the size reccommend by the chart and one size bigger and smaller so you have a better feel on how it should fit. Also be careful of the all black because they will be tighter than other colors.

Classics are a good starter shoe and it's likely you will buy more VFFs like KSOs for more active stuff.
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 05:02:57 PM »

i'm not sure i see the selling point of the sprint - to me - the classics are your ideal casual and the kso is the all purpose animal - but the sprints would appear to be the lesser in either category (mind you i dont have a pair) - so imo - i would go classic or kso

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 05:02:57 PM »

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 05:07:30 PM »

High arches aren't a good mix for KSOs though. Try on KSOs while you're at REI. Avoid black, but classics are your best bet. I too also feel like Sprints are a hybrid of classics and ksos that isn't really good the way classics or KSOs are. They're the intermediate step.

If sprints had a KSOs heel and no weird straps to fiddle with, maybe I could see the appeal, but the 5 minutes they were on my feet I didn't like the Sprints. Instant love with classics and KSos. Just my opinion.
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 06:36:42 PM »

I don't have enough experience with my recently acquired Classics, but I DO love my Sprints, prefer them over KSO's without a doubt (finding those too warm, and the strap wear out fast with me). If you do like running and jumping like I do, you will appreciate the extra security the Sprint offers over Classics, although Classics might perform better then I'm still supposing at the moment. I still think if I had only one pair, I'ld be (red) Sprints.

check it out for yourself...

Dirk

gb

gb is starting to look familiar.gb is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »

I'd also suggest CALLING REI to make sure they have your possible sizes before driving over.  But otherwise, I do think it is worth the trip, or else you may want to order a couple sizes/styles to compare, then return the rest.

I have several styles, but do find myself wearing the classics and the KSO more than my sprint.  However, if I were only allowed 1 pair, I probably would pick the sprint.  The straps and the heel are fine in sprint, once I found the right size.
Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 07:27:17 PM »

Easy to say but get both.

Red sprints for me. No strap issues at all and never wear socks. 400 run miles on my sprints now. Classics great for mooching about. I ought to try running in them but never have. Found kso a real phaff getting them on. So much so only had them on my feet twice. Still in the box.

Jason

stephersj

stephersj is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 12:03:26 PM »

I couldn't decide between the Sprints and the Classics myself so I ended up ordering one of each!
WasabiMommi

WasabiMommi is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »

I ended up ordering some sprints. If I like em, I will definitely be back for some classics!  Cheesy
Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »

let us know hoe you get on.

tak555

tak555 is starting to look familiar.tak555 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 08:06:46 PM »

High arches aren't a good mix for KSOs though. Try on KSOs while you're at REI. Avoid black, but classics are your best bet. I too also feel like Sprints are a hybrid of classics and ksos that isn't really good the way classics or KSOs are. They're the intermediate step.

If sprints had a KSOs heel and no weird straps to fiddle with, maybe I could see the appeal, but the 5 minutes they were on my feet I didn't like the Sprints. Instant love with classics and KSos. Just my opinion.

why avoid black?

i stole this from member Ableobject... but it's cool:
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
jadias

jadias is a new face.

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 08:21:55 PM »

The black models seem to run tighter. This is an issue especially with the KSOs, which are apparently tighter over the arch, and I think maybe the Classics are somehow tighter too (toes?).

"And forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."
- Kahlil Gibran
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: