BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 20, 2014, 02:49:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on buying my second pair.  (Read 642 times)
JD Hammo

JD Hammo is a new face.

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2011, 12:49:48 AM »

I'm looking at buying a pair of Bikilas or TrekSports, but I have a question on what size I should be getting.

Currently I have a pair of M39 Black KSOs, and when measuring my foot it ends up between 10 and 10 1/8th.

Lengthwise my toes almost fill the pockets, but aside from my big toe, they all have just a tad bit of space to the end of the pockets, looking at the width is a different story though.  Without socks I can pull the strap all the way across, but my feet get uncomfortable and the seams start to dig into my feet.  With the smallest thickness Injinjis, I can only comfortably get the strap halfway across. (The straps not closing all the way does cause issues when I wear jeans, as the exposed velcro tends to fray up the seams on the bottom of my pant legs)

Is this width problem because my KSOs are too small (in which case I should have M40's) or is it because I just have wide feet and should be looking at LS models?

I'd love to try some on in person but the nearest shop that carries VFFs is an hour away and I simply don't have the time to drive that far out (plus since I'm 17 my parents are thrilled about me driving off to the nearest city to go try on shoes) and I never really just happen to be out that way.

Thanks!

Breaking in my new favorite pair of shoes that I've had all my life.
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: November 06, 2011, 12:49:48 AM »

acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »

Just curious, did you see the size chart? http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/size_fit/size_conversion_chart.htm

You should be M40 in KSO. I know because my foot is between 10 1/8 and 10 1/4" (at the end of the day) and the M40s fit fine lengthwise with basically no room to spare when wearing Injinjis.

My brother has M39 KSOs and they are basically the same width.

Black KSOs are known to be smaller in terms of the upper.

Your next pair is up to what you use them for. I'd say Bikilastreksports are more off-road/hiking while Bikila is for road use. For all around use I'd say Komodosports (they're like $10 more https://www.riversportsoutfitters.com/c-178-five-fingers.aspx). If you have a high instep I'd say Bikila LS or Komodosport LS although the Komodosport LS supposedly has shorter laces. You could try ordering from an online retailer with a good return policy, if sizes are an issue.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:47:35 PM by acc » Logged

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
JD Hammo

JD Hammo is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:33:49 PM »

I did indeed see the chart, I figured since I was closer to 10" (since it was between 10" and 10 1/8th'') I'd be a 39.  Just thought you were only supposed to size up if you were directly between two sizes or bigger?

Ironically enough, my brother just got a pair of M41 Black KSOs, which fit far too long on me as would be expected, though I don't remember how they were as far as the width.

So when I get to my next pair are you saying I should buy based on a 10 1/4th" size?

Breaking in my new favorite pair of shoes that I've had all my life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: