BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 21, 2014, 11:05:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: alternative to Sprints?  (Read 882 times)
jorona

jorona is a new face.

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:17:40 AM »

Hello, I became the proud owner of my first pair of VFFs this week. I followed the beginner's manual and chose the Sprint as my first pair. I was between a W40 & W41 on the chart so I got the 41 and I'm glad I did, seemed like a perfect fit except for the achilles area. I wore them around the house a few days and while I got used feeling my toes and the ground feedback (both of which I love) I could not get used to the achilles and experienced some chafing. So which model should I try next? It doesn't matter to me if it's an enclosed model or not, as long as it's a little friendlier on my heel. Thanks!
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:17:40 AM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:36 AM »

If you experience that irritation try one of the models that has a padded backing.  There are a number out now.  komodos, speed, bikilas, spyridons, treksports

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 01:24:38 PM »

You' re one of the unlucky people that do not like the heel design. You' re not the only one... personally I have no problems with it, and from personal experience I would recommend Classics as the next choice, they have the same minimal sole and are just great as an alround shoe. But some people have complained about the elastic strap digging into their heel, so be sure to test them out (some people have cut it off without any problems to remedy). My next choice would be the KSO, I have yet to hear about people complaining about these...
check them out in a store if you can 

Dirk
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 02:45:13 PM »

If there is chafing, there is movement that could possibly be prevented by playing with the heel straps. Did you try to tighten or loosen them?

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 02:45:13 PM »

sailorwind

sailorwind is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »

The heel on the Sprint is the reason I ended up going with KSO's as my first pair.  Their heel fits WAY more comfortably and the fitting strap across the back of the heel is directly controlled by the velcro strap on the top of the foot, so it just fits better.  Though if I were choosing a first pair right now, I'd probably try the Jaya's.  But maybe that's just because I REALLY want a pair of those Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: