BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 28, 2014, 12:24:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bikila LS 41 or 42 US or European!?  (Read 1695 times)
Runningblues

Runningblues is a new face.

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:12:51 PM »

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping this will be an easyish question to answer.

I'm going to buy a pair of Bikila LS, unfortunately it's going to have to be online, and there's a no return policy.
My feet aren't overly wide, nor the arches high.
My feet (heel to end of largest toe) are 10.4 Inches or 26.4 cm. The Vibramfivefingers.com recommends a size 41, while the Euro vff website recommends 42.
I won't be wearing socks.

Any advice would be great!

Many thanks and happy running!

Vibram Five Fingers- If Carlsburg made shoes,
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:12:51 PM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 08:35:48 PM »

If it helps, I am 10.75 and wear a size 43 in my Bikila LS.  US site says 42, but the 42's did not fit at all.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
monkeyshoes

monkeyshoes is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 01:21:49 PM »

bikilas and komodos, the euro chart is better <in fit> than the us, as I have tried them.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:39:12 AM by monkeyshoes » Logged
Runningblues

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:43:33 PM »

Thanks for the help guys, at the moment I'm leaning towards the euro chart 42's.
I'll wait to order for another few days to see if somebody else has any gems
of advice.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:43:33 PM »

Runningblues

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 03:46:59 PM »

Found a clause today on the Vibram euro website, that by law all internet purchases can be returned.
Size 41 and 42 are on their way!
Treksport's will continue to get abused until they arrive

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 06:39:47 PM »

I hope you are dealing with a legitimate retailer.  If so, then you should be able to return the ill fitted pair.  Best of luck to you.  Let us know how it turns out.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 05:19:57 AM »

If ordered from the official EU VFF, which country did you order from and what did you pay for VAT and shipping?

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
Runningblues

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 05:52:38 AM »

Hi, yes I ordered from vibramfivefingers.it, which is the European version of the .com website.
It seems to be based in Milano, Italy. I live in the south of France about 6hrs drive from Milano so the shipping expense was negligible... Around 10 euros. The tax was around 20euros per pair. Unfortunately I had to pay for both, and when I send the pair back I'll be refunded within 90 days.

Runningblues

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »

Well Bikila LS 41 and 42 Sizes arrived today. Unfortunately until i've made my choice i don't get to go and pound the pavement with them...
Which brings me onto the next round of questions!
The 41's have an allround snug fit, with the big toe just grazing the end. When I wear them it feels like i've got two charged stallions on my feet and all they want to do is gallop into the sunset. They do however feel a little warm on the foot.
The 42's in comparison are more loose width ways, and the whole experience is just a little less snug... there's not much in it, but the experience is a little less 'get out and go.'

My questions are whether the feelings (41 or 42) are normal/desired, and also in general whether the shoe does stretch a little with time and also how much a foot expands during running>>>

many thanks again!

Angus

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »

I would probably suggest some running in place indoors on a carpet.   You will really put no wear and tear, but you might get an idea which one feels better.  I would suggest the 41's unless you feel like they are crunching your toes and feet.  With VFF's (especailly when running) snug is better than loose.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »

When I ordered two different sizes of Komodosport LS, I was able to decide which pair to keep by putting my toes in all the way to the end of the toe pockets and then slipping on the rest of the shoe. When I forced my toes to the end (as much as possible), one pair had just a little room in the heel, probably about 1 to 3 mm and the other pair had about 10 mm of extra room.  I returned the pair that had the biggest gap in the heel.  I haven't regretted my decision.

I also agree with Justin B, put both on and jog around indoors.  That should also help you decide.

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
Runningblues

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 06:01:45 PM »

The results are in!
THE glovelike 41 is the winner. Two short (8km tar) runs later and i'm wearing a permanent smile on my face.
The first run i was a little worried about tightness, but after literally two hours walking around town and then going for my next foray into Bikila LS territory
the fit can only be described as nivanaesque. Thanks for the help everybody!

paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 07:03:19 PM »

Hi Angus,

How does the Bilika LS fit/feel compare with the Treksports.  I dont own a pair of VFFs yet but just looking on the VFF website the heel back of the Bilikas seem higher - is this the case ?  Also how easy are they to put on ? - as they appear more 'solid' at the heel area than other VFFs
Runningblues

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 04:37:09 PM »

Hey Paulr,
Unfortunately my treksports are 1size too large for me, which I would guess loses a little bit of the VFF experience. My pair of Bikila LS fit like a glove. I use the treksports almost exclusively for trail type running, and the Bikilas for pavement pounding, and wouldn't hesitate in recommending either of them. I did hear that the treksport has had some problems with the durability of the upper-material when thrashing them on technical trails.
The Bikila LS and the treksport share pretty much the same sole thickness, but with different tread (road vs off-road.)
The back of the shoe heal/ankle area is more solid on the Bikila LS ( as  a normal shoe would be) because they don't rely on the back strap as they do on the treksports.
The ease of getting into a pair of vff's depends a lot on the individuals squanky toes! most of my time is spent fighting with one or other of my pinkie toes. With practice putting them on becomes less of an issue. My errant pinkies have started to straighten after years of mistreatment in normal shoes. A comparison between the two, I find the Bikila LS (due to the genius lacing system) an absolute cinch to put on!
I hope this helps!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: