BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 30, 2014, 07:07:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bikilas feel like too much shoe after Classics + questions  (Read 837 times)
Sytera

Sytera is a new face.

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:51:25 PM »

I've been wearing Classics exclusivly (minus the rare rainy day outside when I pull on some rainboots) for going on a year.  I've had Sprints but the strap and heel just didn't work for me int he size I had.  For the last 6 weeks I've been running in my Classics and am now up to 3 mile runs.  However, the balls of my feet have started hurting towards the end of the runs and feel like there is a little bit of rub in the shoes. 

SO I ordered some Bikilas knowing they are made for running.  They arrived 15 minutes ago and while it took me some time to squeeze through the opening, they are now on my feet and fit fine.  BUT they feel like a ton of shoe.  So much padding at the heel and such a thick sole.  I knew there would be a difference, just didn't expect it to be so noticeable and extreme.

Will they get easier to put on?  Will the opening loosen up a little so that I can more easily get my foot in?  Should I go up a size so they are easier to get on, if I stick with them?

Could the problems I've been having with my Classics be that my shoes are too big?  They used to fit perfect but I've lost 14 lbs and could my feet have shrunk?

Thanks!

« on: August 16, 2010, 12:51:25 PM »

Kryx

Kryx is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:23:28 PM »

You could try a Sprint in a different size or a KSO.

If you think Bikila is too much of a shoe then stick with the lower soles in the classic, sprint, and KSO.

Classic/Sprint: 3.5mm
KSO: 5.5mm
Bikila: 7mm
Trek/Trek Sport: 8mm

Also: I don't think feet will shrink because of weight loss. Bones don't shrink in size. Tongue
Although if you develop more of an arch from using VFFs and building up your natural foot strength your foot will shrink (mine did).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 09:25:07 PM by Kryx » Logged
kuo34

kuo34 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »

I started in KSOs and found the transition to Bikilas pretty natural, though the heel felt loose to me (the KSO heel strap makes everything snug).  They're both beasts to get into compared to the classic.  You'll get used to it, but the Bikila is definitely a lot of shoe to deal with.
balsam0

balsam0 is starting to look familiar.balsam0 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 11:36:58 AM »

The Bikila is by far the hardest shoe to put on.  It is hard to recommend changing out the size unless you have ran in them and they cause discomfort.  I wear size 40 in everything and I thought about sizing up in the Bikila, but I haven't because I am sure that will cause more problems than it is worth.  The time savings would be maybe 2 - 3 minutes.  I will rather take the time to put on a properly fitting shoe than risk blisters.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 11:36:58 AM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: