BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 28, 2014, 01:52:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Fit of Bikilas Vs. KSOs  (Read 5736 times)
funE_man

funE_man is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:32:50 AM »

Just wondering how the Bikila fit in relationship to KSO's?  i guess I could have started a new thread but I figured this was just as good. According to the sizing chart I should be a 41 Classic/40 KSO but he 40 KSO was waaaaaay too small and the 41KSO is perfect if I don't tighten the strap so it pushes on my heel a ton.  I'm worried that getting a 41 Bikila will be too small, but really afraid to buy a 42 cause I don't want it to be way too big.  I can put injinji's on with my KSO's and even with the tightness but I haven't tried to run with the injinji's yet.  Any info you lucky Bikila owners could givce would be fantastic.  BTW I'm pretty sure Vibrams advice on not drying the FIveFingers has nothing to do with sizing and more to do with the fact that the heat in the dryoer or from the sun weakens the adhesice(glue) they use to bond the shoe, which is probably why so many people have issues with the "quality" of their FiveFingers.

Headed to VFF Rehab with Danny" I'm gettin too old for this Sh!t" Glover
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:32:50 AM »

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 01:18:00 AM »

Just wondering how the Bikila fit in relationship to KSO's?  i guess I could have started a new thread but I figured this was just as good. According to the sizing chart I should be a 41 Classic/40 KSO but he 40 KSO was waaaaaay too small and the 41KSO is perfect if I don't tighten the strap so it pushes on my heel a ton.  I'm worried that getting a 41 Bikila will be too small, but really afraid to buy a 42 cause I don't want it to be way too big.  I can put injinji's on with my KSO's and even with the tightness but I haven't tried to run with the injinji's yet.  Any info you lucky Bikila owners could givce would be fantastic.  BTW I'm pretty sure Vibrams advice on not drying the FIveFingers has nothing to do with sizing and more to do with the fact that the heat in the dryoer or from the sun weakens the adhesice(glue) they use to bond the shoe, which is probably why so many people have issues with the "quality" of their FiveFingers.

I don't think many people use the dryer on their VFFs, which is unreated to the general lack of quality control of VFFs. You don't get too thin soles from a dryer.  Undecided
GHII

GHII is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »

I don't believe the Vibram sizing chart is correct, how it says there is a size difference between the sprints and KSO.  I own a pair of KSO Trek and Sprints, and have a 44 in the KSO and 45 in the Sprint.  The 44's fit like butter, but the sprints have a saggy heel and my toes seem to not fit into the toe slots very well, except the big toe.  I bought a 45 in the Bikila blindly and I was off, I should have gotten 44's.  I've been washing my bikilas and they have been getting a little tighter, but still have a little room in the heel.  The bad thing about that is that the Bikila doesn't have a heel strap system, so there is no adjustment.  I would sell them but they were dirty after the first time I wore them.  All my washes were on delicate with my sons baby organic detergent.  I started out sun drying, then using the rack in the dryer on looow heat, and just last night I let them tumble on the highest heat, they look fine, I haven't tried them on yet, I just want them to fit!
Jimmy Hart

Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 12:08:11 AM »

i think the chart comes from the idea that the classic and sprint will be adjusted in the rear so they purposely size them up some for that.  it was explained to me once that with the rear adjusting abilities the wearer can determine just how far they want the toes up in the pockets.  early on with vffs they sized you big in them and said you were supposed to have room in the heels because i think they were afraid of having people shove their toes tightly into the front.  i never liked that loose feeling and got mine nice and snug. 

i have kso, sprint, classic, and now the bikila and i have a 40 in all of them. i've also tried the trek and the moc in a 40 and found those to fit right also. i will say they all fit slightly different but i find it negligible.  for me the one size works across the board but i dont know about anyone else. 

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 12:08:11 AM »

noahf

noahf is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 04:39:24 PM »

So I ordered Bikilas same size as the KSO and today I got them.

They are too small, too tight, too snug.

Comparing them back to back to the KSO they are visibly shorter in length which is clearly what's causing the problem. The question remains now if I go up a size will they be too big...
Jimmy Hart

Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 05:43:45 PM »

noah that's odd.  i did the same with my kso to bikila and they are the same length.  they were snug at first from the top material needing to stretch some but other than that i found the fit to be very true to size with the kso

noahf

noahf is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »

THats what I though Jimmy. THey are physically shorter though when measured with a tape measure.
I'm going to have to size up I think.
GHII

GHII is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 06:24:55 PM »

I don't know how that is.  My KSO Treks (44) fit perfectly, yet my sprints (45) fit a little saggy in the heel.  I bought 45 Bikilas and they were really big, my heel would almost come out until I washed them 5 times.  I ordered another pair of Bikilas but got a 44 this time, should be perfect, just like my KSO's.
noahf

noahf is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 06:28:07 PM »

The more I keep the bikilas on my feet the more I wonder if I can pull these off. They are super tight in the toes right now especially the big toe, but with a bit of stretch they could be perfect.

Going a size up I might end up in that same situation too big.
I dunno.. Silly vibram.
noahf

noahf is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 07:24:46 PM »

Meh.
I ordered one size up.

When they arrive I'll make a final decision.

Jimmy Hart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 01:35:46 AM »

in the meantime stretch the pair you've got.  the first time i tried to take my bikilas off the toes hugged enough that i almost turned the shoe inside out.  three runs later they fit absolutely perfect. 

orlin03

orlin03 is starting to look familiar.orlin03 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 06:59:10 AM »

I originally tried the same size I wore in the KSO and Trek, but had to go up a size in the Bikila after realizing they were just too small. My KSOs fit very snug, though (blue camo, not black), but my Treks fit perfect. The heel initially felt a bit loose to me, but they now seem perfect.

FL Runner

FL Runner is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 01:46:52 PM »

I went with same size in Bikila as KSO, but always wore socks with KSO and so far sockless in Bikila. So far OK, but like everyone else just got the Bikilas

"I just felt like running." - Forrest Gump
Opportunity is often passed up because it is disguised as hard work.
inbetweenmytoes

inbetweenmytoes is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »

I'm a little worried hearing about the Bikila being a more snug. I fit snuggly into W42 KSOs. I want to stick with the W sizing in Bikilas because my foot is narrow, and I have a smallish heal, but I don't believe Vibram has any plans to start making W43 sizes :-(

Nathan
inbetweenmytoes.com

"Your possessions should set you free like a boat or a pair of hiking boots. If you work for your possessions and they don't set you free, what are you working for?"  Billy Harris
I know... replace hiking boots w/ VFF
Jimmy Hart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 02:16:26 PM »

yeah nathan that will be interesting to see how it works for you.  odds are if you fit the womens kso in 42 then you'll probably be able to do the same in the bikila.  of course if that's an issue you could always try the mens sizes...maybe the 41?  i dont think my bikilas are very wide.  i just compared them to my same size kso and they are a little narrower.  the heel is definitely smaller than the kso and i could feel that just putting them on.  there's a happy medium for you somewhere

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: