BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 23, 2014, 12:59:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help figuring out a size for VFF KSO's.  (Read 2954 times)
Barefoot Yeti

Barefoot Yeti is a new face.

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:35:53 PM »

Per Vibrams  recommendations I stood with my heel against the wall and slid a ruler under my foot. My right foot measures just one line over 10.25", my left foot measures at exactly 10.5". I checked these numbers many times and kept getting the same results. The difference in size is this much ---- between the left and right foot. So what size do I go with? 40 (10 1/4), or 41 (10 1/2)? There is no store near me, I am in Northern Connecticut, so I have no choice but to order online.

Also, my friend says I am a freak because I am only 5'5 and my feet are huge.  Tongue
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:35:53 PM »

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 12:51:38 PM »

Go with the 41s. One foot might be too loose, but you definately don't want a shoe that is too tight. Or you could order both pairs and return the one you don't like. The only problem you might encounter with too big of a VFF is your toes popping out of their toe pockets.

Unfortunately Vibrams doesn't let you order different shoe sizes for different sized feet. :-(
Barefoot Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 09:36:41 PM »

Wouldn't it be a kicker if I ordered the size 40's and 41's, kept one 40, and one 41, and then mailed the other mismatched combo back? Haha, that'd be a kicker (Pun intended) Tongue

Anyway, I sweet talked my mom into driving me 1.45 hrs to Old Saybrook to fit and buy a pair of shoes! All I have to do is buy her lunch and gas. I will report back with my new footwear soon.
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 12:11:10 PM »

Wouldn't it be a kicker if I ordered the size 40's and 41's, kept one 40, and one 41, and then mailed the other mismatched combo back? Haha, that'd be a kicker (Pun intended) Tongue

Anyway, I sweet talked my mom into driving me 1.45 hrs to Old Saybrook to fit and buy a pair of shoes! All I have to do is buy her lunch and gas. I will report back with my new footwear soon.

Good luck Smiley and keep us posted.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 12:11:10 PM »

Cerviperus

Cerviperus is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 10:30:31 AM »

I'm banking on 41's.

When everything has left you, you are alone. When you've left everything behind, there's solitude. - Schiller
Barefoot Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 10:14:11 PM »

You were right, 41s. I went all the way down to Old Saybrook to Northcove Outfitters and they were all sold out of 40s and 41s in the KSO. So I fitted a pair of classics and decided the 41s would be best. Then I came home and went to order my shoes on Vibram, sold out, REI, sold out. Tons of places were sold out but I finally found a website with 41s and ordered them (Free shipping) Which worked great because they didn't stock the toe socks so I ordered them on Amazon and got free shipping there as well. I should have my shoes in a week or so.
Barefoot Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 12:37:11 PM »

Just got my KSOs in. I think a 41 might have been too big. The big toe fits ok, but the other toes there is slight extra space. I don't think it'll be a big bother, especially with socks, and it's not terribly uncomfortable, and I really don't want to return them for one size. Suggestions?
desaulniers

desaulniers is a regular 'round here.desaulniers is a regular 'round here.desaulniers is a regular 'round here.

I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 02:07:41 PM »

When I got my KSOs they had a had bit of play in them and I felt a half size down would've been great. Now that I've worn VFFs for a few months, my feet seem to have spread out and grown into them. If I would've gotten any other size I would've had to replace them a few months in.

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 02:21:58 PM »

When I got my KSOs they had a had bit of play in them and I felt a half size down would've been great. Now that I've worn VFFs for a few months, my feet seem to have spread out and grown into them. If I would've gotten any other size I would've had to replace them a few months in.

That's really interesting. Never thought about how foot spreading would affect VFFs. I'm glad I have a little play in my KSOs so I'll have room to grow.  Cheesy
Barefoot Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 03:05:23 PM »

I take it all back. I take it all back. I just lifted weights and ran in my KSOs. I LOVE THESE FREAKING SHOES!!! Knowing what I do now I would have paid double what I did with no regrets. I cannot stress how much I love these shoes. Having all my toes spread apart gave me a new sense of balance. I was able to do much heavier overhead plate lunges and running felt so much more fluid and natural.

Only problem is, I don't want to beat these up at the gym cause I want to wear them as my primary shoe. So I am going to save up my money and buy a second pair!

Where do I send my fan mail to Vibram!!! Shocked
koffeekev

koffeekev is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 03:31:46 PM »

So should we assume that you like them? LOL. Kevin

*I'm barefoot for skeletel correctness*
kso black x 4
kso gray x1
kso flow black x1
kso treksport black x1
kso trek black x 2
kso trek brown x 3
classic tan x1
seeya's black neon x1
vivo aqueous black x1
vivo aqueous grey x1
vivo dharma black x1
vivo aqua brown x1
merrill radius glove b
Barefoot Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 04:05:20 PM »

You have assumed correctly.

Edit: Here are my beautiful new foot coverings.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 04:25:40 PM by Barefoot Yeti » Logged
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 09:06:28 PM »

Those are cool cargo pants -- what are they?

As for beating them up at the gym, I find the gym treats VFFs pretty well, so I wouldn't worry about that too much -- then again, it's nice to have a couple of pairs of VFFs Smiley

Barefoot Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 10:48:52 PM »

You've never seen how I work out.  Wink

Thanks. They are made by Proper. The title is simply vintage paratrooper cargo pants. I like them very much. I own black, khaki, and olive. I'm going to get a couple more pairs this winter.
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Force-Vintage-Paratrooper-Cargo/dp/B000237BUM
justin
Administrator
Superstar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 09:22:03 AM »

You've never seen how I work out.  Wink

Thanks. They are made by Proper. The title is simply vintage paratrooper cargo pants. I like them very much. I own black, khaki, and olive. I'm going to get a couple more pairs this winter.
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Force-Vintage-Paratrooper-Cargo/dp/B000237BUM

Thanks for the link though the sizing (s/m/l etc) is scaring me a bit!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: