BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 22, 2014, 08:08:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Komodosports vs. komodosports LS fit-different?! Can this be fixed?  (Read 611 times)
barefeet

barefeet is a new face.

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »

I have two pairs of Komodosports- W38 in blue and W38 in light gray/green. Both fit perfectly from the first time I put them on my feet, comfortable with no pressure points at all. So I figured I'd take a W38 in the gray/yellow Komodosports LS on sale on the Vibram website. I just got them on my feet and whoo.... they're ridiculously tight. The lace is too short, so the tops are jammed down on my arches (I have high arches). The toes fit fine but my heel is uncomfortably tight (absolutely no room at all-my heel stretches the shoe out and I can imagine it becoming irritating after a while). I'm also afraid the jammed-down top will result in tendonitis across the top of my foot (this happened with Bikilas that were too tight across my arch).

So. My question. Do I return them for 39s, which might be too loose in the toes, or will they stretch out after a while? Should I simply cut the lace to open up the top, or will the tongue start flapping?

I do like my VFFS snug and comfortable rather than loose, especially since I don't want to be sliding around in those shoes when hiking downhill.

Before anyone suggests simply returning them altogether, ah, I do want those. I'm one of those crazed people with multiple pairs of KSO, Treks, Treksports, Spyridons, Jayas, Flows, and coming soon, Lontras.
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »

Ang1234

Ang1234 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »

I have 2 pairs of Komodosports too....same size as you also. I have the blue ones and the black ones. I don't remember having tightness issues with the black ones, but I did with the blue ones. I almost gave up on them, but now they're amazing. I also bought the LS version in the gray/yellow and find them tight. I think I've had them for 3 months. I have high arches, wide feet and fat toes. I am afraid to exercise in them because I always sell my shoes on Craiglist if they don't work out. I've wore them around the house many times, went to the store in them once. They feel great now aside from the toe beside the pinky toe. So, I think its possible that yours will stretch with time.
Superturtle

Superturtle is starting to look familiar.Superturtle is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »

Same problem for me as well. I just received my komdosport ls today. Technically, they are one size bigger than my velcro strap komodosport because I need VFFs that have more rooms at the toe box for an insulated insole. But I was unpleasantly surprised that the shoes are however little snugger than my velcro komodosport. It is not worth to return them though. They were very cheap (black friday sale) and I have to pay the shipping charge. They are fine without or with thin socks, so I'm going to use them for trail running or hicking for next summer.  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:14:14 PM by Superturtle » Logged
Frogshoes

Frogshoes is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »

oh good I though i was going crazy with a pair of 43's between the sizes. Does anyone know if this also happens with any other model that have a straps or lace system?

Black kso 43 ->old road runners. retired, use a casuals and mud racing
Black/Gold Komodo Sport 43
New Balance MT20(not 100% minimalist but they are step closer)
See ya LS-> new road runners.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »

barefeet

barefeet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »

I ended up returning the W38s. Trying them on the next morning, I found them simply too tight; my feet would have gone numb in under an hour.

I sent them in for w39s (had to pay shipping for that) and got free shipping on the 39s. They arrived yesterday and seem to be too big. The part across the top at the arch also doesn't fit as comfortably as the ones with straps do. I'm between 38 and 39 on the Komodosports LS, I guess. No other pair of VFFs I ever tried on or bought fit this oddly.

I guess I'm just not cut out for laced VFFs. I haven't really liked any of them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: