BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 02, 2014, 02:58:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: KSO Sizing differences between colors? (Black maybe tight)  (Read 27045 times)
JD Hammo

JD Hammo is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2011, 10:05:42 PM »

Alrighty, I'll try that out.  Washed them with fabric softener but it didn't seem to help any, though some of the glue on the toes now appears to have already given out :/

Breaking in my new favorite pair of shoes that I've had all my life.
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2011, 10:05:42 PM »

sammniamii

sammniamii is a new face.

Meow

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2011, 03:49:48 PM »

Strange thing is my new Classic Blk Mens fit the same as the other pair I have, the only issue I have is the normal "break-in" peroid, but I'm only on my second week for either pair so everything still hurts some.

Meow I say
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2012, 06:02:21 AM »

anyone know the size difference between the mens trek sports and the mens black and orange ksos?   thanks

nvm, got the ksos anyway
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 02:08:27 PM by toh-shu » Logged

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
jh_husker

jh_husker is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »

I just ordered my second pair of VFF, first pair was KSO blue/grey camo and I order a pair 2 sizes to big (M46)  so I sent them back (I made a mistake the first time and used a ruler that had about a 1/2 inch gap before the actual ruler started  Undecided ). This second time I decided to go with the black pair and I order the size I measured (M44). I read all of the comments that the black KSO run small but I figured that my last pair was so big that I would take the chance. I will let yall know how they fit when they come in. I ordered them from Sun and Ski Sports for $59.93  Smiley

Updated: So I received my size M44 Black KSO today and although they are tight in the toes, they fit great and are very comfortable. I am glad I went with this size. Just looking forward to going to the gym and walking in them tonight. It is only 10 degrees outside today other wise I would go outside. I am going to take it easy because I do not want to risk injury.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:35:41 PM by jh_husker » Logged
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »

CaliSelkie

CaliSelkie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2012, 07:48:36 PM »

According to Vibram's size chart, I should be wearing a 34 in KSOs (and a 35 in Classics or Sprints).  However, I had hell's own time even getting size-34 KSOs on over my high arches.  (The store did not have any 35s.)

Hopefully, the Sprints I've probably just scored will be truer to size.
theorist

theorist is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2013, 03:29:24 AM »

I spoke to someone at Vibram about a QC issue with the Jaya (two 40W's, one was much tighter than the other).  At that point, he asked me if one was black and one was not.  I said no (both were black), then asked why.  He said that the black dye, because it is chemically different from the lighter-colored dyes, can cause some shrinkage in the material.  So this says two things:  Vibram does have a QC issue with inter-unit variation (as evidence by what I found with the Jayas) and, independently of this, some models of black Vibrams may be consistently smaller than their lighter-colored siblings.  The latter may explain the black KSOs being smaller.

VIVOBAREFOOT Neo Airmesh 40M (everyday wear)
VFF Bikila LS 39M (pavement running, gym)
VFF KSO 39M (martial arts)
VFF TrekSport 40M (trail running, gym)
VFF Spryridon 40M + Injinji Performance Midweight Mini-Crew (trail running, hiking)
skyli

skyli is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2013, 10:54:28 PM »

Hi! What about the new 2013 spring models of the black KSOs? Anyone has them?
I tried on the Grey/Palmgreen KSO in 41 and it was a perfect fit for me like a second skin. Shuld i orded Black KSO? Are they the same or still smaller? If smaller, is the length smaller too?? Or just the tightness?

KSO M41 black, KSO Trek M41 black, Bikila W42 kiwi/gray (in July),  Altra Eve (in July)
ScottishBFR

ScottishBFR is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2013, 07:59:17 AM »

I measured my foot according to the VFFs site and Im my normal shoe size 5 UK 38 Euro for the KSOs.  Im hoping they will fit, ive heard the black runs small compared to the lighter colours??
ibecks

ibecks is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2013, 09:18:27 AM »

I got some black Entradas yesterday and while trying them on I definitely noticed a size difference between the black and the other colours. The 37 black didn't feel very different from the 36 cream/black, but when I tried on a 37 Alitza grey/rose, it was significantly bigger.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: