BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 02, 2014, 12:41:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: KSO Sizing differences between colors? (Black maybe tight)  (Read 27043 times)
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 09:38:41 AM »

I think someone was told by Vibram directly that all brown KSOs have been disco'ed.

On the sizing front, I've made mention of this difference in colors in the wiki and there's a stub to write more on it (whenever I can get the time!):

http://birthdayshoes.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fivefingers_sizing

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 09:38:41 AM »

SWANK-E

SWANK-E is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 03:44:52 AM »

Just got a new pair of black KSO after wearing my taupe/green KSO in the same size for a month. It has just arrived in the mail.

Have to say the black KSO is way tighter so I hope it will stretch out a little bit over time. I have also noticed that it seems they are using a new rubber compound for this new batch? It seems to be squeakier, grippier, glossier and the heal seems to have a bit more shock absorption.

Anyone have that observation regarding the new batch or difference between different coloured soles?
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 09:00:56 AM »

Just got a new pair of black KSO after wearing my taupe/green KSO in the same size for a month. It has just arrived in the mail.

Have to say the black KSO is way tighter so I hope it will stretch out a little bit over time. I have also noticed that it seems they are using a new rubber compound for this new batch? It seems to be squeakier, grippier, glossier and the heal seems to have a bit more shock absorption.

Anyone have that observation regarding the new batch or difference between different coloured soles?

My blue camo KSOs feel less padded, lighter, and less bulky than my grey/fuschia KSOs, but that could just be they fit better since they're a size smaller. I felt like I was still wearing shoes in my too big grey/fuschia KSOs and almost barefoot in the blue camo. What a difference proper fit makes.   Cheesy
iain

iain is starting to look familiar.iain is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 01:36:10 PM »

http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/ita/kso.aspx

it's interesting, even on the vibram website, the tread seem different on blue/camo. Look at the yellow logo on the sole

"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." Woody Allen
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 01:36:10 PM »

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 01:40:47 PM »

http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/ita/kso.aspx

it's interesting, even on the vibram website, the tread seem different on blue/camo. Look at the yellow logo on the sole

The tread seems the same to me. I looked at both my grey/fuschia KSOs and my blue camo KSOs and they seem the same. How is the tread is different?
Iceberg

Iceberg is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2009, 01:48:20 AM »

Here are pictures of the Black KSO 40s I just returned.  The left foot had a problem with a pinched insole in the big toe and excess material.  Notice the difference between the two.  Not sure if this is a coincindence or not but there is a difference between the two.
Iceberg

Iceberg is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2009, 01:48:56 AM »

second picture
EdwardBlake

EdwardBlake is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 11:44:02 PM »

I don't have any pictures to offer but I just got my black KSO- my first VFF.

I measured myself beforehand and according to VFF site, I would have been M38. I wanted black KSO and after seeing this thread, I adjusted the size accordingly and got M39. PERFECT FIT despite never trying it on before (ordered it online). My KSO fits well with both socks and without. So, for people who want black KSO... Order one size up for perfect fit. Wink
Hawkeye
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2009, 01:30:07 AM »

I don't have any pictures to offer but I just got my black KSO- my first VFF.

I measured myself beforehand and according to VFF site, I would have been M38. I wanted black KSO and after seeing this thread, I adjusted the size accordingly and got M39. PERFECT FIT despite never trying it on before (ordered it online). My KSO fits well with both socks and without. So, for people who want black KSO... Order one size up for perfect fit. Wink

I wouldn't consider that the rule to order one size up since it really depends on the person's feet. I tried one size up for black and they were a smidge too big. My husband's toes popped out of a black 44 KSO, but he's perfect in green/gray 43 KSOs. So it pretty much boils down to you have to try it on in person before you know if a +1 size will work out.
Iceberg

Iceberg is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2009, 11:29:36 PM »

Well I have come to the conclusion that there is definitely a difference between the Taupe and the black KSO sizes.  The Taupe in a 41 was a little too big and the black KSO was causing my big toe to bend, to small.  I tried on another pair of black KOSs 41 today and they were a perfect fit.  Kind of like a 40 1/2.  Also these did not have any of the problems that I had with the other black pairs.  I thinks we have a winner.

I also tried on a black pair of Treks in a 40 and there is definitely a size difference between the KSO and the Trek.  The 40 in the Treks were also a perfect fit but I did not want to spend and extra $40 for them.  I will mostly be using them for working out with kettlebells in the gym were I can't go barefoot.
reemixx

reemixx is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 10:35:10 PM »

I'm curious to know how tight is too tight for the KSOs, particularly the black ones.

I got my black KSOs yesterday, size W38. I also tried black 39s and they were clearly too big, with excess space at the heel which caused them to rub. So it was 38s or nothing (unfortunately, they didn't have the grey ones to try for comparison, though I did have my heart set on black anyway).

Once they're on, they fit extremely well and are very comfortable. But getting the back part over my heel was a major struggle at first (it's much easier now though), and the part that goes over the top of my foot seems a little tight when I check them, though it doesn't feel that way when they're on my feet. They do leave an imprint on the tops of my feet after I've worn them a while, though. Is that normal? They're not so tight that I can't fit my fingers between the material and the top of my foot. And just to reiterate, they feel snug but not overly tight when on my feet. I've walked and jogged in them for a few K's and the elastic doesn't seem to cut into my feet or anything. They don't hurt in any way.

So, is this just me being paranoid that they'll cut off blood flow or something crazy? Or do they sound like they're too tight to wear? I understand the material and elastic will stretch somewhat, and that's definitely happened a little already from just a day of wear. Can I expect it to stretch more?

bknizer

bknizer is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 10:04:23 PM »

Just received my first pair of black KSO's in W39. Now I tried them on in the store, don't believe it was black W39s but they fit well. I received yesterday (after ordering in October 2009) and put them on today. Was a struggle as my toes didn't want to go in their respective slots. In the toe box particularly big and second toes are tight.

Looking for some guidance from KSO veterans. Should I give them a go or send back? Sadly anything from Kayakshed has a mid-March ship. I'd been waiting for quite a long time for the KSOs.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks so much.

Beth
ranger007

ranger007 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2010, 11:43:21 PM »

Having similar problems with sizing. I recently purchased a pair of blue camo KSO M40 for my boyfriend (but when we measured his feet the Vibram chart indicated a size M39 in KSO).  I went with the bigger size to be safe because I have a pair of black kso W38 (but the vibram chart suggests 37?).  So, the blue camo's arrive on our doorstep and they are too small.   I send those back and after much searching on the net (I now have a notebook list of every place I could find on the net that sells these shoes though they may not be fully stocked), I find a pair of M41.  Surely these will work.  When they arrive, he tries them on and says "I know you say yours are comfortable, but they feel really uncomfortable too me"......Well that stinks!  After he walked around the house in them he said that they were bigger than the 40's but it was very tight on his big toe--there ended up being a defect in the right shoe arch which caused pain when he walked--So I just sent those shoes back.    We found a store in the area that had one pair of 41's in grey KSO's, he tried those on and said "AH,...now I know what you mean, these feel great".  Too bad he doesn't like the grey but we know his size is M41. They did have a pair of black classic's M42 (I know they are totally different shoes though) and they were way too big.   

So, we ordered another pair of blue camo KSO M41 (they are not here yet)--I am guessing they will be tighter like the black (I see that post --black and blue have less mesh possibly making them tighter)----this is driving me nuts!  Do you all think the KSO stretch any at all?  Thanks for your discussions,...it's very helpful!
Hawkeye
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2010, 12:42:09 AM »

The blue camos aren't as consistently tight or generally tight as the black KSOs. I have blue camo KSOs. Grey/palm is the safest bet, but Blue camo should work out. Consdering the poor quality control it's a toss-up how they're made. Be sure to check for defects like the too thin sole.
bknizer

bknizer is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2010, 06:33:31 PM »

Ended up getting the gray/palm in W40 purchased locally. They only had the gray/palm in W40! I sized up so I could wear Injini socks. Took my first hour walk (with a few minutes of running) today. Could really notice a difference in the ball of my feet. I really hope to eventually work up to running in them.

The black W39s were sent back last week to Kayak shed. Thanks for all the wonderful information here!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: