BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 02, 2014, 02:44:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KSO Trek - my experience fitting between an M40 and M41  (Read 1597 times)
Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx is a new face.

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2009, 01:11:50 AM »

Well, looks like I'm jumping into the VFF world quick enough. Just received my Classics not even two weeks ago, and this evening I had three more pairs of VFFs on my porch waiting for me. Only going to be keeping two of 'em though.

Last week I jumped on the opportunity to order the brown Trek from Summit Hut. From previous thoughts and discussions, I went with the M41, even though sizing says I should be M40. Later in the day I called back and ordered the M40 as well, just so I'd have them both to compare, not having to wait until December.

First impressions? The M40s are very snug, tighter than my M41 Classics. I was thinking my Classics were snug, heck, I took the elastic out, but putting them on after the M40 Treks, they're not loose, but definitely comfy. My big toe is even tighter against the toe pocket than with my Classics.

Change over to the M41 Treks, they feel just too large in general. My pinky toe is just barely in its pocket (my pinky toes are also curled under quite a bit, hoping they'll eventually straighten out some). The middle toes also have lots of empty toe pocket space, but the big toe isn't too bad.

Thoughts? Well, I'm waiting until Friday when my Injinji socks get here from REI for a real decision. I'm hoping to use the Treks quite a bit through the winter, so want some extra warmth of socks. With how snug the M40s are I'm doubting that they'll work with socks, so I'll probably end up wearing the M41s. I've also had the (silly?) thought of using one pair with and one without socks.  *shrug*

That third pair I mentioned earlier? A set of M41 grey KSOs. Figured on trying that size, and could actually still get an M40 later if I want/need to exchange them, unlike the Treks that are selling out. These too are feeling a bit big, but I'll wear 'em around the house for awhile to see how they settle in some.
« on: September 23, 2009, 01:11:50 AM »

ZeitHeld

ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.

And so Antaeus returns, wiser for the wear.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 01:23:53 AM »

Man, diving right is is right! You are now a man of many beautiful shoes.

twitter.com/derekofbavaria
facebook.com/derek.beyer
RobbieD

RobbieD is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 09:19:43 AM »

Lucky American Buggers - Just feel sorry for us over here in the UK and Europe who can only idolize the Trek Photo's and Video's from overseas !!

Makes me wanna Cry !!

Robert.
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:58:15 AM »

Lucky American Buggers - Just feel sorry for us over here in the UK and Europe who can only idolize the Trek Photo's and Video's from overseas !!

Makes me wanna Cry !!

Robert.

Hey Robert, it's worse when you can feel, touch, and buy them, but know they will never fit your small feet.   Cry
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:21:19 AM by Hawkeye » Logged
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:58:15 AM »

RobbieD

RobbieD is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 10:03:03 AM »

That comment really deserves a Slap !
But hey I have a really nice friend in the US who will be sending me a pair soon !

I maybe the first in the UK to have a pair of Trek's - Come On !! Horrah

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »

No need to be rude. Not going to make many friends that way.
RobbieD

RobbieD is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 03:36:04 PM »

It wasn't ment to sound rude - Just an aside
Sorry if you took any offense.

Robert.
Hawkeye
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 03:59:54 PM »

Thank you for the clarification.  Kiss I understand your frustration. A pound or Euro does not equal a dollar, but I guess the merchants are too lazy to look up an actual conversion and decided one to one was easier. 

But look on the bright side. You Europeans get the the latest electronics from Asia and James Bond movies normally come out before the US.
Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 02:13:07 AM »

A'right...   wore the M41 Treks to work today. Very nice. With the leather sole and leather upper, really feels like a glove for your foot. Very nice.

I'm at a desk most of the day, but do make a point to get up and walk around as much as possible, including a few 10 minute walks during the day. The Treks were comfortable all day, didn't feel too big, and actually didn't tighten the strap at all, just closed it loose. With that, almost wondering if an M42 wouldn't be better, but realize at that point it really would be too long for most of the toes.

Got home tonight and put on the M40 Treks that I also ordered. Very tight, more than just comfortably snug. After about an hour, took 'em off and while they weren't hurting, it was a definite relief to get them off.

For the record, my feet measure right at 10 1/4" to the big toes. Measured many times, with different devices, and different positions, always came to 10 1/4".

So for me, its going to be the M41 KSO Treks.  I've also been wearing my new M41 'regular' KSOs this evening, they're fitting nicely, I don't see myself going to M40 with them either. By Vibram's sizing, I would be in M40 KSOs.

Adding to the sizing fun is that I'm wearing M41 Classics. So, like many other folks here, including our 'fearless leader' Justin,  Roll Eyes, I'm using the same size in both Classic and KSO.

Now, to return the M40 brown Trek, or sell it here...   hmmm....
ZeitHeld

ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.

And so Antaeus returns, wiser for the wear.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 02:18:42 AM »

I'm not personally interested in buying them, but it seems to me that some people are going to get wait-listed when it comes to the Treks. With that in mind, I'd recommend you offer them up here first, and if someone doesn't snatch 'em up, you can send 'em back.

twitter.com/derekofbavaria
facebook.com/derek.beyer
Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »

Nearing the end of the second day of wearing the Treks to work. At times they've been feeling a bit too tight, but I can wiggle and move my foot enough to tell they're not. I think its just getting used to having leather on my bare feet. Still waiting on the socks arriving tomorrow, still contemplating a slight possibility of trying an M42.

Also just getting used to VFFs in general for daily use. Noticing that my second and third toes on my right foot have been a bit tingly feeling here at the end of the day. My heels can tell that I've been on them too hard as well. No pain, but feeling tired.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: