BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 23, 2014, 04:23:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Men & Women's classics?  (Read 1914 times)
jducey

jducey is a new face.

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2011, 09:36:36 PM »

I've been barefooting for a while and love it, but am tired of the track and do too much traveling to attempt it on random third world streets.  Time for VFFs!  My feet measured at 9 3/4, putting me between 40-41 in women's Classics.  I (perhaps stupidly) ordered a pair of black 40s and have been wearing them around inside but feel like they're too snug in the toes.  Lengthwise I'm just grazing the end in most toes, definitely touching it in my biggest ones, but width-wise I'm having the hardest time shoving my toes in there.  My toes are sort of top (tip?) heavy/spoon shaped and the toe pockets feel like they're squashing the fleshy pads on the end.  My right big toe even goes a little tingly.  The top mesh also seems a big snug on my average-high arches.  My feet aren't 'fat' in the sense of having extra flesh, but there's a definite 'muffin top' along the edge and red marks when I take them off.  Anyone else have problems with toe width but not length?  Will the material stretch?  it doesn't seem like there's enough in the toes to change the size much. 

I'm leaning towards just sizing up, but I'm considering going for the men's 39 (my exact foot length) instead of the W41 because the length was generally good in the W40s and most research I've done suggests the men's are wider and have roomier toes.  My feet tend towards wide in other shoes, so I don't think I'd lament the extra space.  

Appreciate any wisdom out there!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:00:49 PM by jducey » Logged
« on: August 18, 2011, 09:36:36 PM »

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:26:57 AM »

Black runs smaller than other colors in the same size. Either go for the men's size or try a w40 in another color or a w41 in black.
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:33:10 PM »

similar question.

i have komodosports in M43 (vibram sizing chart suggestion). Well, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but I couldn't pass up the sale on MooseJaw for mens Classics so i ordered a pair of the castlerock/verde in M44 which is what the vibram sizing suggests. 

will i fit them??  the komodos fit great.  they were snug to begin with but are perfect now that i've had them for over a month.  i suppose i'll just have to wait and see since vffs are touch and go as far as proper fitting but if anyone has any ideas, thanks!

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
thegh0sts

thegh0sts is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 07:13:18 AM »

I was looking at getting a pair of the classic style but I am not sure if they're meant to slip off real easy as they did when i was in the shop (no matter how much i tugged on the cord it kept slipping off). I didn't do a quick walk in them to see if they would slip off while walking but I would like to know if the looseness is meant to be or the style is just not for my feet.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 07:13:18 AM »

vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 12:29:07 PM »

well, people report doing everything except water sports in them so, i don't imagine the slipping is suppose to occur regularly.  maybe try a smaller size?  or maybe not all feet are meant for all styles of VFFs. lol. i may end up returning mine if i no like.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
thegh0sts

thegh0sts is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 07:25:12 PM »

i might need to try them again though i don't believe they were so loose they would slip off on their own. my concern is would they slip off while walking even though the VFFs were pretty much slip on/slip off.
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »

the insane deals on VFFs right now is tempting me to pick up a pair in each model. hahah. is it the end of the season or what??

then again i did just pick up two pair in less than a couple days apart sooo i think i got the vff bug. haha.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
thegh0sts

thegh0sts is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 03:11:51 AM »

well, i went back to the store that i tried the classic at and i tried both a men's 42 and a women's 42 - result: both fit fine though the women's is slightly more snug than the men's version but not enough to say that it's bad or anything. so i now have....

Sprint (Taupe) men's 42
Sprint (Red) men's 42
sprint (navy blue) men's 42
classic (taupe) women's 42

eeekkk.....damn the VFF bug Cheesy
thegh0sts

thegh0sts is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 06:57:06 AM »

bah, tried the W42 on my right foot and it didn't feel all that great so returned them for a M42 and they are great. I guess I was wrong about the classics - they do stay on while walking and don't fall off the heel when you do walk which is what i was hoping for. so now i need to reign in on the VFF buying :p
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 11:56:46 AM »

hahaha +1

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
thegh0sts

thegh0sts is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 09:36:01 AM »

the VFF bug has not died down yet for me and now i have:

red/black sprints
navy blue/castel grey sprints
white/navy blue classics

waiting on walnut/brown classics to ship

considering the verde/grey classics....eek!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: