BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 24, 2014, 01:18:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bikilas...BLISTER!!  (Read 506 times)
abekon

abekon is a new face.

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »

So I've been running in Bikilas for about 3 months, 3-4 days a week.  I've had them for over a year and also have some KSOs.  Anyway, my wife and I are running in a 7.2 mile race this weekend and my current pair has developed a hole in my right foot, second toe on the bottom. It hadn't bothered me too much until the last couple of weeks so I ordered a new pair and they arrived today.  I couldn't wait to put them on and go for a run.  The plan was to go for a quick 3 mile run with some sprints thrown in.  Unfortunately, a mile into the run a blister started forming on my right heel. 

These Bikilas are the same size as my old ones which I never had this problem with.  I am going to try again on Friday but will be bringing my old, stinky pair with me just in case.  (Old pair has been bandaged with copious amounts of Duct Tape!)

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks everyone!
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: August 08, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »

monkeyshoes

monkeyshoes is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:19:04 PM »

Are you using socks?  For me, the socks have been a solution.  Besides, new shoes have to be dug in, no matter if they are the same model.  Tell us how it goes.
abekon

abekon is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 02:25:27 PM »

I usually only wear socks in the winter, but I think I will after the race when I start to break these in.  Wasn't my smartest idea to try a new pair 4 days before a race  Embarrassed  Sticking with my disgusting, trusted old pair tomorrow!  Falmouth Road Race here I come.

Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: