BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 17, 2014, 03:56:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeya? Classic? Komodo?  (Read 1500 times)
dranamoe

dranamoe is a new face.

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2012, 09:27:43 PM »

I have tried 3 styles of Vibrams as of now. I am looking for expert advice. I run my dogs 4 days a week on the road for about 1/2 mile. I also run at least two miles in a gym, I do general training at the gym like weights and machines. I also attend some fitness classes like yoga, zumba, kick boxing ect. I currently have the SeeYa's sitting next to me and I basically love them, however the website (and just about everywhere on the web) says these are best for strict running. Given that these are the best fitting for me (the Speed's were huge and the Sprint's dug into my heel), but they are not exactly recommended for my activities, what should I do? At this point I feel that it is between the SeeYa's and the Classic's but I am worried my gym will not allow the classics because they do not "cover the entire foot".

Any opinions appreciated!!
« on: April 04, 2012, 09:27:43 PM »

rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 11:53:10 PM »

I would go with the Komodo. Im not speaking from personal experience, but I have 2 friends that run a lot but are also heavily into CrossFit. They have no complaints.

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:48:31 AM »

I would think the Komodos would be your best bet. They are a good all around shoe.  I use mine for running and I really like them.  They're supposed to be good for sports with lateral movement.

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
SteveM

SteveM is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 07:24:39 AM »

Use the Seeyas  for the dogs runs and I agree with the the Komodos for the gym for sure. 

Black KSO Treks, Komodos, Black/camo KSO, Black Sprints, Blue See Yas
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 07:24:39 AM »

vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 09:23:56 AM »

Suppose it depends on the gym management but I haven't had any problems here in the UK with classics or sprints at the gym, I've even gotten away with barefoot on the rowers and treadmills but i won't be trying to get away with that too often.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: