BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 19, 2014, 12:36:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I size down on my next purchase?  (Read 921 times)
Zafur

Zafur is a new face.

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:24:21 AM »

Hey guys. I'm sure I've made a similar thread before but with the gssgear sale happening soon, I want to get some more definitive opinions. Grin

My first and only Vibram purchase so far has been a W40 KSO I bought online a few months ago. I sort of suspected I got a size too big when I bought it but was unsure how "glovelike" it really was supposed to be. I mean, it's already a clingy material. (Plus I figured it would allow me to wear socks with it and cut down on odor, but I've found wearing toe socks with them sorta hurts and don't do it too often)
If I wear it so that it's flush to my heel my big toe ends at around the edge of the rubber toecap. (My toenail is flush against it, so about 2mm of my toe extends past it, under the toecap, I suppose) I can't tell if it's the same or better with my second toe. Maybe slightly better. If I pull it so that my toes are more flush with the caps, there's a small gap at the heel. Maybe 1/8-1/4 of an inch max?
Is it too big?
Should I size down to a W39 for my next purchase?
 Huh

Edit: In case it matters, I think the reason I went with a 40 is because I originally measured slightly over 9 5/8 so I went up a size... Perhaps I measured wrong? *tries to find a ruler*
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 04:40:24 AM by Zafur » Logged
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:24:21 AM »

toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:30:45 AM »

Go to a local store (if you have one) and try on a couple of sizes, see which one fits best and then order online. Fit is always iffy because everyones feet are different. But your longest toe should be just at the end of the pocket withoug being crammed in, and hopefully everything else falls in and fits tight and snug. Most people end up getting a size to big the first time anyway.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
Zafur

Zafur is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »

Yeah it seems like I did order a size too big if it's supposed to touch the end.

Haha I would go to a local store but... Hmm perhaps I can talk someone into bringing me.
Danaid

Danaid is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 05:27:40 PM »

I bought a pair of Komodosports that where too large. When standing, I was able to retract most of my toes out of the toe pockets and I could run a finger EASILY between my heel and heel cup. One size down was the trick( returned after wearing them for a week thanks to REI purchase) this seem to work for me when checking fit and is how I got a perfect fit on my second pair ( speed).
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 05:27:40 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: