BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 31, 2014, 09:00:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sizing for seeya  (Read 806 times)
nobody

nobody is a new face.

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2012, 05:06:30 AM »

i am doing the big leap and getting me these shoes. i know that the sizing is different from shoe to shoe and some times from color to color and that is frustrating.
i am out side the USA so you see my problem, i want to get the seeya because as i have read from this good forum that it breathes the most after the classics ( i do not want to get them ).
any way i tried the sizing method they say with the ruler and my foot is 9.84 inch so what is that going to be in the vebrim sizing? is it 42 or 43? vibrem tells me on there web site that it is 39 KSO.
i am confused.   
« on: June 04, 2012, 05:06:30 AM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:19:13 AM »

Are you male or female?  A 10 inch male foot is a KSO 39, and apparently they do not make a See-Ya small enough for you unless you fit into women's sizing width wise.  In women's, a 9 7/8 foot is a See-Ya 40.  I am not sure where you got the 42 or 43 from.  Those would be way too big for you in both men's and women's sizing.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
nobody

nobody is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »

i am a male, and i ware a size 43 euro shoe.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »

They do not make the See-Ya in a 39, which is the size you should take based on your foot measurement.  You can try a M40 and hope that they are not too long or otherwise try a W40 if your feet are narrow enough.  I wear a M40 in KSO, a M41 in Classics and a M42 in Speeds.  It is a little tough to size VFFs without actually trying them on.  The chart is not spot on for everyone, which is why there are so many sizing threads on these forums.  I take a 42 in STEMS now Lemmings and a 43 in my Vivo Barefoot Hydrophobic Mesh Trails.  Sizing seems to be different depending upon the brand and model of shoe in most cases, which might help explain why you normally take a EU 43 and are now being directed towards a M39.  I have not had a chance to try on the See-Ya yet, but they are supposed to size the same as KSO.  If you are in a position where you can go try on a KSO in a M39 and M40, maybe it will help you determine if the See-ya will work for you.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »

nobody

nobody is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 04:50:31 PM »

with your experience, if i am going to get an another vibrem what do you recommend? i need some thing that breaths well,i normally walk, not too much running.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 10:11:18 AM »

Classics are very open on the top, so always a good choice.  If we round up your foot measurement to a 10, Vibram has KSO, Classics and Bikila LS available in your size.  KSO are fairly breathable with the mesh upper.  Bikila LS would likely be a bit hotter, as their upper is more like an athletic shoe in my opinion.  I think you would be okay with either a Classics or a KSO.  I am partial to Classics, but some males think they are too feminine looking.  KSO will cover the majority fo your foot, but is still made of thinner fabric and has a mesh panel.  Not a bad choice.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: