BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 28, 2014, 06:42:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spyridon LS Sizing Question  (Read 1361 times)
petersmurf

petersmurf is a new face.

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:12:36 PM »

I'm a male, size 9 1/2 and I order a pair of size 43 Spyridon LS online. My big toe pretty much fit with a 3/4 of space and my pinky toe fit as well. The rest of the toes however did not fit well had about  of inch of space. Also had quite of bit of backspace in the back my of my feet. So what size should I get if I'm a size 9.5? Is there a way of finding the right size without switching to women's size?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:48:43 AM by petersmurf » Logged
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:12:36 PM »

nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 02:46:20 AM »

Ignore traditional shoe sizes and get out the tape measure. Consensus here seems to be that the heel should be snug and your longest toe should be almost touching the end of its pocket.

In conventional shoes you need the extra space at the end as your toes need to flex within the shoe. With VFFs, the pockets flex with the toes so extra space is not needed.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:49:09 AM »

I am a size 10.5 in conventional shoes and I wear a 43, you definitely ordered way too long if you have 3/4" of space in your big toe, the tip of your toe should be as flush as possible.  If you go to a retailer that carries Vibrams, they should have the measuring tool provided to them or you could measure yourself and use the sizing chart on vibrams (and this) site.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 12:05:35 PM »

Yes, as the others have indicated you really have to measure your feet.  You cannot just judge by your regular shoe size what your VFF shoe size will be.  A good way to do it is to draw a vertical line and a horizontal line on a piece of paper, envision a cross.  Then put the widest part of your foot across the horizontal line and draw another line horizontally across the longest toe and the heel.  Then you measure from heel to toe and determine your VFF size off of that.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:20:14 AM by Mr. Leigh » Logged

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 12:05:35 PM »

petersmurf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 12:55:42 AM »

OK so I measure from the back of my feet to my big toe and I measured up to about 10". So which size should I be looking for?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:00:09 AM by petersmurf » Logged
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 06:31:24 AM »

If your big toe is the toe furthest away from your heel (ie if it is the longest toe) then according to Vibram you are a size 39

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/size_fit/

petersmurf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »

Well since they don't have them in size 39, I'll exchange my pair size 43 for a size 40. Which is 10 3/4.
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »

Size 40 is actually more like 10.25"

I know because my feet are between that and 10.5" and they feel tight in the M40 spyridon which doesn't stretch. Vibram recommends going up a size if you're between sizes.

Wear socks for 0.125 or 0.25" extra if size M40 doesn't work. If you go with women's sizes the sole is less wide.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:56:18 PM by acc » Logged

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
petersmurf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 06:09:50 PM »

Just received my size 40 spyridon ls and first thing I noticed is how difficult it is putting these shoes on as oppose to the 43's I had. Also, I don't even have to twist or pull the tab as they fit pretty tight. Both my pinky and big toe are pretty much touching the tip. The rest still have a little bit of space. I am going to test  these for a while to see how they turn out.
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 02:21:38 PM »

Just received my size 40 spyridon ls and first thing I noticed is how difficult it is putting these shoes on as oppose to the 43's I had. Also, I don't even have to twist or pull the tab as they fit pretty tight. Both my pinky and big toe are pretty much touching the tip. The rest still have a little bit of space. I am going to test  these for a while to see how they turn out.
It sounds like you got one size too small now...with the laces it should be fairly easy to get on, then you can tighten them to get a good fit. If the laces are already stretched out and tight when you put them on then it sounds too small. As far as the length goes, you might be alright, but your feet swell up when you are on them for a while, so it may get tighter and you may even lose some length. If they are too short eventually you will be ramming your longest toes into the end of the pockets and it will be very uncomfortable. I honestly think a 41 might have been your best bet, getting socks REALLY helps fill out looser fitting shoes. Good luck with the 40s, and I hope they turn out to be the right size for you!

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 04:21:41 PM »

Measure your feet at the end of the day or after a run. Also, if you wear socks you need to account for the thickness, wearing socks feels VERY tight after a half mile.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:23:49 PM by acc » Logged

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: