BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 22, 2014, 01:55:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Toe Box Width  (Read 912 times)
yogiaddict

yogiaddict is a new face.

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »

Hey Everyone,

I've tried doing a search for information in regards to the width of the toe box's but couldn't seem to come up with what i was looking for! (please direct me to the correct place if i missed it somewhere)

I recently bought black KSO's sz 40mens. they fit great. have only had a couple of blisters/hot spots.  But my big toe seems to protrude over the inner side of the toe pocket. Does anyone else find this annoying? I'm worried about the fabric wearing out by touching the ground. the length is great so i'm not too worried about the size being wrong.

any ideas or insite would be great.

Thanks
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: October 07, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »

22209 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 05:42:47 PM »

I put together a database this past summer comparing actual sizes of Vibrams of varying sizes, colors, models, etc.  It's described (and linked to) in this thread: http://birthdayshoes.com/forum/fivefingers-sizing-and-fit-discussion/vibram-measurements-database/

The list does not include the width of individual toe pockets because I couldn't come up with a reliable way of asking people to measure and report them .. but it does show that there is a good amount of variability in all dimensions between Vibrams of a given size/model.  So it might be worthwhile to find another pair that are the same size & model to see if they might be slightly wider.

22209 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:17:09 PM »

Actually, I should clarify -- the list does include measurements of the outside width of the big toe.  I meant that it does not include the inside width of the toe pocket.  But since I think you are interested in the width of the rubber, the measurements may be relevant to you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: