BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 21, 2014, 08:04:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ummm... How do you get your pinkies in the toe pockets when wearing KSOs?  (Read 4026 times)
irie

irie is a new face.

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:01:37 AM »

I've had my Sprints for almost two years now & I finally got a second pair! I'm dealing with the obligatory sizing "issues" currently but I feel like I need to ask...

How in the world do you get your pinkie all snug & perfect in there?

Is my difficulty caused by a potential sizing issue (I think these may be one size too small.) or is there a special trick I haven't learned yet? (chopsticks don't work that great, I've learned lol).

Help! 
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:01:37 AM »

theyurtingyeti

theyurtingyeti is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:22:48 AM »

With my classics they slide right in no problem, but with the way my foot is bent while pulling on the KSOs it took a bit longer.

What I found is that when I'm pulling on the KSO I line up my big toe with where it goes. Then I really splay out my toes as I'm pulling on. Splay farther than you feel you should have to. When I do this the pinkie toe usually goes right in. If it's only close I can pull/prod for a second to get it where it needs to be.

Good luck!!
noelbodwell

noelbodwell is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 09:23:28 AM »

I stop my toes at the beginning of the toe pocket, lining each one up. Then I put my index finger between the pinky toe pocket and the next one and coax my pinkie in. The first pair of KSO Trek that I tried on at EMS took me 20 minutes to get on. Now it just takes a few seconds. It's a great exercise for developing patience!!

NoŽl
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 09:26:06 AM »

Spread your toes as you put them in your VFF and wiggle the vff side to side to get them on.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 09:26:06 AM »

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 03:59:34 PM »

I spread my toes wide and inchworm them into the pockets.  Sometimes I will use a finger on the outside to push the pocket "crotches" into the space between my toes. 

It does get easier with practice!

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
EricMontgomery

EricMontgomery is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 04:01:44 PM »

I've had my Sprints for almost two years now & I finally got a second pair! I'm dealing with the obligatory sizing "issues" currently but I feel like I need to ask...

How in the world do you get your pinkie all snug & perfect in there?

Is my difficulty caused by a potential sizing issue (I think these may be one size too small.) or is there a special trick I haven't learned yet? (chopsticks don't work that great, I've learned lol).

Help! 

LOL!!! Did anyone else start singing to themselves? "Wiggle it.....just a little bit..."   Groan....
Chris

Chris is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 04:28:43 PM »

My little toes like to curl as they enter the pockets. With my sprints I can just push them in all the way with a finger. I have to run my finger under my foot to straighten the little toes out.  If I don't do this my little toes get wedged in there and it hurts to put any weight on them at all.

I thought about using a clean popsicle stick if I ever get a pair of enclosed VFFs.   
kuo34

kuo34 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 06:17:47 PM »

My first pair was KSO.  It took me forever to get those pinkie toes spread out.  For the first week I kept balling my toes up when I slipped them in the KSO.

I find the directions on the box work best.  Line up the toes and inch them in.  You'll be doing it quickly in no time.
irie

irie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 10:25:19 PM »

I couldn't imagine using KSOs to learn how to put them on! 

PS, I LOVE "toe crotch"! It is officially a part of my vocabulary haha! 
tak555

tak555 is starting to look familiar.tak555 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 01:08:36 AM »

wiggle 'em

i stole this from member Ableobject... but it's cool:
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
fingerhunter

fingerhunter is a new face.

Motivated not Dominated

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 03:17:24 AM »

I stop my toes at the beginning of the toe pocket, lining each one up. Then I put my index finger between the pinky toe pocket and the next one and coax my pinkie in. The first pair of KSO Trek that I tried on at EMS took me 20 minutes to get on. Now it just takes a few seconds. It's a great exercise for developing patience!!

NoŽl
This is also my technique  Smiley  It's weird that this conversation actually occurs when talking about adults putting on shoes....

Give me Speeds! Give me Speeds!.........1 Pair Gray/Palm KSO, 1 Pair Blk/Gray Camo KSO  

I would rather not fight but I am not afraid to finish one
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: