BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 17, 2014, 01:34:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vibram sizing for size US15 shoes  (Read 2515 times)
thatbigvguy

thatbigvguy is a new face.

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »

Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone had advice to give me with my issue.  I measured my feet as instructed on the website = 12", then went to a local retailer and used the vibram size guide there which recommended a 47/48.  I ordered a pair of 47 Trek Sport (the largest they had to offer) from the website.  They arrived today and having worn them a couple of hours, they seem to be very snug on my big toes (to the point where the tip of my big toe was getting numb).  My question is whether there will be any stretching in time, or if I would be better off returning them?  Further with the size of my feet being what they are, am I even a suitable candidate for toe-shoes?  Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

thatbigvguy
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »

Widget

Widget is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 07:45:47 AM »

They arrived today and having worn them a couple of hours, they seem to be very snug on my big toes (to the point where the tip of my big toe was getting numb).  My question is whether there will be any stretching in time, or if I would be better off returning them?

Not sure about anyone else, but when I got my Bikilas, They were quite snug as well and I was feeling it in the tip of my big toe. However, after wearing them for a short period, I found they became more comfortable, so I figured they had stretched a little. Being a sort of fabric material, one would assume they would stretch to some degree.
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 08:13:35 AM »

My recent experience has been with both Bikila LS and Treksports - I have Mortons so the pressure was more on my 2nd toe than my big toe.  Its taken about 2 weeks of fairly regular wear of the Bikilas to stretch & become comfortable whereas the Treksports took no time at all.  I think this is due to the top area of the treksports being less restricted in potential stretch movement than the Bikilas where the lace system gives less flexibility to move/stretch.

Clambers

Clambers is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »

Hey all,
I'm in a similar pickle, in that the Bikilas in 47 are a little snug on my sizeable big toes, however i'd suggest that the "give" that paulr and I are interested in is more to do with the sole than the upper - at least in my case it's certainly more the cap on the end of the toe pocket pushing on the end of the big toe that's the problem.  Is the sole likely to lengthen at all with use (thereby easing this pressure)?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 01:48:30 PM »

The sole can be heated gently and stretched successfully.  There are threads about Morton's toe mods throughout these forums. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 06:18:27 PM »

Id suggest wearing for 2 to 3 weeks and see how much things settle down before getting the blowtorch out.

My right foot is slightly bigger than my left and the attached pic shows how much the 'toe end caps' of my 2nd toe and big toe on my right foot have moved without any form of heat treatment.  I believe (but aint gonna experiment to prove the point) that if the uppers were cut/slashed across the top maybe 1" from where the beginning of the toes, that a lot of sole flattening (and therefore toe easing) would occur.... 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: