BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 24, 2014, 12:51:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to get KSO for water shoes. Should I go 1 size smaller?  (Read 1596 times)
GleepGlop

GleepGlop is a new face.

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2011, 05:00:33 PM »

I have a pair of size 47 KSO Trek and I want to get a pair of standard KSO to use as water shoes. I was speaking to somebody that has them and he said that when they are in water they loosen up so he recommended going 1 size down. Can anyone corroborate this?
According to the sizing chart my 12" foot requires a 47 but going to a 46 only cuts 1/4" to 11 3/4" so it seems a pretty minute difference. But this makes me nervous so I wouldn't mind hearing from other people who have taken their KSO's into the water.
« on: October 27, 2011, 05:00:33 PM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 05:24:11 PM »

If you go smaller, you are going to crunch your toes, the strap should be plenty to keep them secure against your foot.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
UberC5

UberC5 is a new face.

I hunt with a Subaru...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 11:21:18 PM »

I have M41 KSO's and M41 KSO Treks.  I use the KSO's in the water all the time, never had a problem with them getting loose.  My KSO Treks were really tight when I first bought them, almost to the point where I was thinking about trying a M42.  Since then, they've conformed to my feet very nicely.  In preparation for getting some Bormio's this weekend, I got some Injinji original weight crew toesocks from REI.  Just for kicks, I tried them on today with my KSO Treks.  No problems at all!!  The leather VFF's seem to mold themselves to your feet, you just need to take the time and break them in.

IMHO, you don't need to downsize for water from KSO Trek to KSO.  Enjoy!

I bowl overhand

Current VFF's: Syridon LS (Military Green/Grey/Black) M42, Speed (Black/White) M42, 2 pair of Bormio (Whiskey Crazyhorse) M42, Trek LS (Whiskey Crazyhorse) M42, KSO Trek (Brown) M41, KSO (Blue Camo) M41
Non VFF:  NB Minimus Trail MultiSport EU44
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 11:02:08 PM »

+1 on your signature, UberC5.  had me rollin'.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 11:02:08 PM »

UberC5

UberC5 is a new face.

I hunt with a Subaru...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 11:10:20 PM »

+1 on your signature, UberC5.  had me rollin'.
Happy to be of service Wink

I love these shoes!!

I bowl overhand

Current VFF's: Syridon LS (Military Green/Grey/Black) M42, Speed (Black/White) M42, 2 pair of Bormio (Whiskey Crazyhorse) M42, Trek LS (Whiskey Crazyhorse) M42, KSO Trek (Brown) M41, KSO (Blue Camo) M41
Non VFF:  NB Minimus Trail MultiSport EU44
GleepGlop

GleepGlop is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 11:57:51 AM »

I got the KSO's today in the mail: glad I didn't go a size smaller the KSO's are actually a tighter fit than the Trek. Going to wear them for a while to break them in. They should be perfect for water shoes!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: