BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 24, 2014, 11:31:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ~*Too Much Room*~  (Read 1412 times)
Ableobject

Ableobject is a new face.

~*VFF's 4 Living and 4 Life*~

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:06:54 AM »

So I have had my FiveFinger Flow's for about a week now... I was sized in the store and bought a size 42... After  a week the shoes seem to have stretched a little... When I have them all strapped up there is room from the back to the inside of the heel....  My heel spreads out when I put my foot on the floor and fills the space but it feels as if the shoe might be 1 size to large.. Beneficial for socks?

I know it is mostly individual comfort but, I was wondering if there were any a "rules of thumb"

also, I try to ball my toes up it is a some what difficult, (need to use a step or edge) Not sure if is because the shoes are fairly new or they are to big..

Thank you for all your help Smiley

JUST SO U KNOW.
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
... I WAS ............
.......... HERE ......
....................SHOWIN LOVE
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:06:54 AM »

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 12:17:27 AM »

The main question is how do your toes feel? Are they right up against the end of the pocket or do they pop out when you walk. Heel looseness can be taken care of with tighter strapping. You do want a little room in your heel to allow for movement of your toes. Go with how your toes feel. If they feel too cramped or too loose then you might have the wrong size. VFFs tend to stretch as you break them in, but the toe pockets won't lengthen.

Hope this helps. I tried a 39 sprint and it was very snug in the heel so much so that it was difficult to walk. A size 40 is too big to for me. They need half sizes.
Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 04:44:50 AM »

The general consensus is get the toes right.

Jason with room at the heel

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 12:59:54 PM »

"also, I try to ball my toes up it is a some what difficult, (need to use a step or edge) Not sure if is because the shoes are fairly new or they are to big.."

I don't find it easy to ball up my toes either. I find that my KSOs don't bend that way. With a lot of wearing down of the vibram bottoms, the thinner they get maybe it becomes more flexible.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 12:59:54 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: