BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 22, 2014, 08:48:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black KSO's unglueing after first wash!  (Read 1521 times)
vexersa

vexersa is a new face.

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »

Hey peeps,

I am South African and new here but have been interested in Fivefingers for a long time! I did some research and found where to buy them where I live and went out and got some black KSO's.
Sadly, my joy has been crushed after I put them in the washing machine for their first wash. I followed the instructions set out by Vibram, sticking to the warm gentle cycle, but alas my new favourite shoes have started falling apart right after I removed them from the machine. I have only had them for a little over two weeks, and so as you can imagine I am pretty sad.

Check out these photos:

I guess that I am really just posting here to vent my sadness and also to warn peeps to be careful when following Vibrams machine washing instructions. I have subsequently emailed Vibram South Africa's warranty centre to see if they will take them in for inspection and replacement. They are unfortunately based in Cape Town and I am in Johannesburg.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:04:04 PM by vexersa » Logged
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »

delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:58:39 PM »

Welcome to BDS.

Sorry to hear that your KSO got messed up. I usually wash them in cold water by hand. Maybe if you contact Vibram they will help in replacing them.

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
vexersa

vexersa is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 06:09:02 PM »

Welcome to BDS.

Sorry to hear that your KSO got messed up. I usually wash them in cold water by hand. Maybe if you contact Vibram they will help in replacing them.

Thanks!

Yeah... It is unfortunate. I have been reading up about the warranty procedure here in SA, and I think I am going to take them back to the retailer tomorrow morning early. Hopefully they will swap them out or at least point me in the right direction in getting them swapped out through their channels.

While I now know for future reference that I should only cold wash VFF's, it still sucks that I was just following Vibram's directions to clean them. Sigh.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: