BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 23, 2014, 12:23:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: high heeled VFFs  (Read 6322 times)
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »

Take something like this, modify the straps to hold the classic to the wedge...  voila!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05459302000P?blockNo=3&blockType=G3&prdNo=3&i_cntr=1332685136649

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »

skye97

skye97 is starting to look familiar.skye97 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »

I'd cause a massive and annoying family schism if I didn't do the heel thing.

Well, maybe that's for the best.  Any family that would reject one of it's members for something as ridiculous as not wearing heels needs a priority check.

However, if I were you, I would just wear your regular shoes.  It sounds like either option (VFFs or modified VFFs with heels) is going to provoke a serious reaction, but if you do the modified heel thing it's going to be hard for people to take you seriously.  At least if you're wearing intact VFFs or other minimalist shoes you can start out from a place of maturity and reason, and maybe some good conversations will arise.  With the heels, you'll just be alienating everyone from the start and nothing good can come of it.
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 04:16:35 PM »

I'd cause a massive and annoying family schism if I didn't do the heel thing.

Well, maybe that's for the best.  Any family that would reject one of it's members for something as ridiculous as not wearing heels needs a priority check.

However, if I were you, I would just wear your regular shoes.  It sounds like either option (VFFs or modified VFFs with heels) is going to provoke a serious reaction, but if you do the modified heel thing it's going to be hard for people to take you seriously.  At least if you're wearing intact VFFs or other minimalist shoes you can start out from a place of maturity and reason, and maybe some good conversations will arise.  With the heels, you'll just be alienating everyone from the start and nothing good can come of it.

That was a perfect way to say it maam! Much respect! You said in a much better way then I did, but I totaly agree. Vff are such a great conversation starter, I bet it would be a great change of pace.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:35:13 PM by toh-shu » Logged

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
skye97

skye97 is starting to look familiar.skye97 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 05:06:33 PM »

That was a perfect way to say it sir!

Ma'am, actually, but thanks anyway. Smiley
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 05:06:33 PM »

toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 06:35:38 PM »

whoops! my bad. fixed it

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
NoraKate

NoraKate is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »

okay...
I'm just not going to discuss or reply or motivation comments.

that said I could kiss Rookhoe

so if the idea of using a destroyed pair of classics upsets you or you think it's absurd pleas don't bother to follow this thread

For the rest of you.... I shall go hunting sandals this week Smiley
thank you for the ideas!

the event is the 1st weekend of June so i have a bit of time to try things out
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 10:58:37 PM »

Awesome  Wink

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 11:56:48 AM »

Id just take this event as an excuse to buy another pair of shoes..  something non-toed and dressier, like the vivobarefoot kali or merrell delight. Id compromise in not wearing vffs but downright refuse to wear a heel.

I understand why you are doing what you are doing, though.. and look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 12:48:43 PM »

In the alternative, you could "bedazzle" the VFFs you have.   Grin Something like this:

http://birthdayshoes.com/forum/mods-and-repairs/wedding-jaya-lr/

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 02:18:58 PM »

How crafty are you?  How about a system like this?

http://www.yankodesign.com/2007/02/09/footloose-adjustable-high-heels-by-marte-den-holllander/

It's a high heel that folds that is foldable.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 03:03:44 PM »

Any loosely laced sandal that could open up wide enough to accommodate the Classic inside it would suffice.  I am afraid that anything you might try to attach an actual heel to a Classic just would not hold up.  I doubt you will be able to successfully glue a heel of any sort to the bottom of a Classic and have it adhered and last.  If you found a lace up heeled sandal, then the laces would offer a secure attachment method.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
sailorwind

sailorwind is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 09:36:48 PM »

I find this concept both amusing and intriguing and I can't wait to see how you pull it off!  Before tonight I never in a million years thought I'd be doing Google searches for shoe heel modifications.  I found this site, that might be helpful.  Apparently there is a shoe movement I've never heard of about modular shoes.  ze o ze makes a line of modular heel shoes.  I give them extra points for the Hebrew name (which means "this or this?", their version of "this or that?").  Though I can't quite figure out if you can actually BUY this anywhere yet:

http://cargocollective.com/danielabekerman/ze-o-ze

Another Israeli designer has come up with this:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/photo/2011-07/22/c_131001585.htm

Apparently Israel is all over the modular shoe movement. 

koffeekev

koffeekev is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 06:00:34 PM »

I like the idea of poking a hole in the FF heel and sliding the high heel with as much sole in from the top. Just find an old shoe and cut until you have only 2/3 of the sole and heel. Once you get a reasonable fit use goop and C-clamp it all together. If you have no sole support the heel alone will just bend under. Make sure the ball area is all five finger otherwise your foot may slide forward jamming your toes. If you add photos i must warn you that i may offer to marry you. (comment i made on another thread)  lmao.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:16:54 PM by koffeekev » Logged

*I'm barefoot for skeletel correctness*
kso black x 4
kso gray x1
kso flow black x1
kso treksport black x1
kso trek black x 2
kso trek brown x 3
classic tan x1
seeya's black neon x1
vivo aqueous black x1
vivo aqueous grey x1
vivo dharma black x1
vivo aqua brown x1
merrill radius glove b
comment

comment is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 08:52:48 AM »

I'm confused.

1. If your family would be so upset if you didn't wear heels, wouldn't they also be upset if you glued the heels to a pair of VFFs?  It sounds like standard appearances and conforming to a dress code are very important to them. 

2. Why do you want to add the VFFs to heels? It can't be for health or comfort because you're still in heels which are terrible for your feet and you could achieve the same level of confort by buying high heeled sandals?

3. Are you just trying to make a point either with your family's rules or with fashion standards?

Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 03:17:13 PM »

I'm confused.

1. If your family would be so upset if you didn't wear heels, wouldn't they also be upset if you glued the heels to a pair of VFFs?  It sounds like standard appearances and conforming to a dress code are very important to them. 

2. Why do you want to add the VFFs to heels? It can't be for health or comfort because you're still in heels which are terrible for your feet and you could achieve the same level of confort by buying high heeled sandals?

3. Are you just trying to make a point either with your family's rules or with fashion standards?

If you re-read the entire thread, she explains pretty clearly her reasons for doing this.

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: