BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 19, 2014, 07:58:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KSO Trek holes between toes due to leather insole wearing away.  (Read 603 times)
GleepGlop

GleepGlop is a new face.

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »

The leather insole is worn away in the forefoot and toes area of my KSO Treks. This has created some holes between the toes because the fabric between the toes is sewn to a strip of leather that is part of or attached to the leather insole. The stitching of the fabric to the leather strip is intact where the holes are. The leather has just worn away enough to detach and create a hole.
In order to fix these holes I think I need to glue that little leather strip straight to the now exposed rubber inside the toes because anything else that I put in there will just wear away.
Anyone have any experience with this kind of fix?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:18:07 PM by GleepGlop » Logged
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: December 05, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »

Superturtle

Superturtle is starting to look familiar.Superturtle is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 07:59:27 PM »

I'm curious about the tears. Is it possible to attached some photos regarding these holes ?? The fabric of the side of my KSO toes were so worn off that I have to coat them with freesole to prevent holes, but this is only temporary solution. 
Rex_Kwon_Do

Rex_Kwon_Do is a new face.

I work for The Donald

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 11:14:11 AM »

I have had good results with Gorilla Glue between the toes of my Treks and Mocs.  Good luck.

My VFF sphere of influence: Walker, Will, Rogers, Jacob, Taylor, Graham, Hunt, Jamison, Lorae, Lee, Erik, Eric, Anna, TJ, Jesse
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: