BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 02, 2014, 10:05:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Light use of KSOs and a hole shows up -- CitySports accepts an exchange  (Read 2139 times)
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2009, 04:44:23 PM »

Was following along with Mark's VFF KSO breakdown problem over at his blog Dad Rewrite.

First:

I have used my Vibram Five Fingers KSO’s about a 1/2 dozen times. I throw them on, do some sprints and that is about it. I love them for this.

Today, we were going to play some Frisbee in the back yard and I decided to use the Vibrams. I was really disappointed to see that there is a hole in one of the seams by the toe. That is ridiculous for a product costing what it does given the amount of usage they’ve seen

Link: http://dadrewrite.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-love-my-vibram-five-fingers-except.html

And the resolution:

I emailed Vibram about the hole that developed in my Vibrams after very little use and they got back to me right away – they suggested I take them back to the store for an exchange. I went over to City Sports (great store – love that place) and they exchanged no questions asked. I am a bit relieved as I bought them back in February but didn’t use them until the weather warmed up. Per some suggestions, I got one size larger, and as a bonus, I got the cool “Blue-Light Grey” color:

Link: http://dadrewrite.blogspot.com/2009/06/vibrams-update.html

Good to see this got resolved successfully!

« on: June 18, 2009, 04:44:23 PM »

allawayr

allawayr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 11:24:06 AM »

Good to hear (since my most recent pair is from CitySports)!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/yawalla
Better Living Through Nutrition: http://livingthroughnutrition.wordpress.com/
LinuxRacr

LinuxRacr is a new face.

I run from coyotes barefoot!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 11:31:08 PM »

I have small holes on the tops of my big toes, but I caused it when I was learning to walk correctly by stubbing my big toe, more than once.
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 09:58:51 AM »

I have small holes on the tops of my big toes, but I caused it when I was learning to walk correctly by stubbing my big toe, more than once.

This also happened to mvancise (Michael - guy in the Hawaii pics -- he's on these forums, too, but not sure if he'll read this)

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 09:58:51 AM »

MANOWAR©

MANOWAR© is a new face.

My R1 can beat up your honor student

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 01:07:55 PM »

I had the seam split on my new KSO's. I called Vibrams and they said send then in for replacement. I couldn't wait a week without them so I went out and got a new pair of the grey/palm ones to use until my black ones show up.  Grin
TetsuBo

TetsuBo is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 06:50:09 PM »

I just noticed a whole on my left pinkie toe, seems like the seam has split or the fabric near the seam gave way.
Gonna check with the store I bought them in and see if they can help me.
hellomuggle

hellomuggle is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 11:18:47 PM »

you know what...i scraped my big toe on some concrete today jogging in my Sprints, and a small hole is beginning to appear. can you tell me what you did to fix this, or if you didn't, what happened? did the hole get worse? etc? im kind of worried about what is going to happen.

if anyone else has had this happen to them, i'd appreciate their advice as well. thanks! Smiley
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 12:02:56 AM »

If the hole is small enough, you might try taking a needle and thread and running the thread around the outside of the hole, then gently tug it closed (like a drawstring waistband), tying the ends together.  I'd then seal it with something like silicone goop.

If the hole's larger than a pea in diameter, this wouldn't work, and you'd probably need to attach a patch to it.

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: