BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 31, 2014, 07:40:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vibram Insole Needs Repair  (Read 2936 times)
silentscope

silentscope is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2012, 09:19:33 AM »

Ok so my dog got one of my vibrams again, and started going at the insole inside the shoe. Half of the second toe is missing, and the whole pinky toe is now missing. Is there a replacement insole i can buy anywhere that would fit this? Or is there any kind of repair I can do to fix this?

Before you ask no I do not have the pieces/
« on: May 03, 2012, 09:19:33 AM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 10:09:22 AM »

Maybe you could fashion a piece of moleskin to fill in the missing pieces.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 11:12:38 PM »

I, myself, would just buy a new pair and try to keep them away from my dog. I couldnt imagine trying to run in my VFF's with some toes missing haha.

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 09:58:03 AM »

I, myself, would just buy a new pair and try to keep them away from my dog. I couldnt imagine trying to run in my VFF's with some toes missing haha.

I guess I assumed silentscope meant that half of the insole was missing from the toe pocket, not the actual toe itself being missing.  Maybe he/she will elaborate.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 09:58:03 AM »

silentscope

silentscope is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »

I guess I assumed silentscope meant that half of the insole was missing from the toe pocket, not the actual toe itself being missing.  Maybe he/she will elaborate.

You are correct, the insole that comes out from the komono sport ls. The actual toe is fine, but the insole like you find in a regular shoe the pinky toe has been bitten off, and half the 2nd toe is missing. Is there anyway i can repair it?
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 04:14:04 AM »

I would say go ahead and give the moleskin idea a try. If it works, it will definitely be an inexpensive fix!

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
cincodeos

cincodeos is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 02:28:13 AM »

If the model is KomodoSport, I called the Vibram Store in Boston and they sent me some replacements for free. Try calling them.

CincoDeos
Trujillo Alto, PR, USA
Vibram FiveFingers: --Sprints, TrekSport (x2), KMDSport LS, Trek LS, KMDSport(x2), Spyridon LS, Speeds, KSO (x2), Classics, KSO Treks (x4), Bikila, Treksport Sandals
Vivobarefoot: Ra (x5), Evo, Gobi, Hybrid, Jay
Lems; NB Minimus; Tune ; Altra Superior, Provission
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 03:43:50 AM »

You didn't claim the Komodo, you should do a Cesar Milan.

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 04:36:36 PM »

You didn't claim the Komodo, you should do a Cesar Milan.

LOL   Grin

Rex_Kwon_Do

Rex_Kwon_Do is a new face.

I work for The Donald

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 10:40:08 AM »

As for replacement insoles that are minimalist, my wife came home from a spa with some super flimsy "disposable" flip-flops.  Before she tossed them, I cut them into insoles for my Bikila LS that have insoles that are starting to wear down and get holes that rub when I run.  This not only fixes my need to fully cover the insole but also keeps my Bikilas minimal.  Komodo inserts would be thicker than what I was able to rig up.

My VFF sphere of influence: Walker, Will, Rogers, Jacob, Taylor, Graham, Hunt, Jamison, Lorae, Lee, Erik, Eric, Anna, TJ, Jesse
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: