BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 25, 2014, 03:03:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *Bare* In Central PA  (Read 1249 times)
Ableobject

Ableobject is a new face.

~*VFF's 4 Living and 4 Life*~

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2009, 12:38:14 AM »

Hi Everyone!!! Grin Able Here

I am excited about "birthdayshoes.com" and my VibramFiveFinger Flows they are awesome..... Honestly the BEST pair of shoes I have ever owned Cheesy .....

My discovery was from someone that came to my job.. I asked what are those FUNKY shoes.... Took me months but, I am now a proud owner of some FANTASTIC Footware.... Some Birthday Shoes lol Tongue .......... Bought them Last sunday and I have been wearing them as much as I can for the past week..... A few things I have noticed Is the rubbing or pressure that has made my Big toes hurt (going away with wear)... Breaking them in (more room than I thought) Good for socks Hopefully.....(going to pick up some injinji's tomorrow).... And Foot odor Lol.... Not to sure about this, I keep my feet clean and use foot powder but, noticed that my feet tend to have some odor after wearing the shoes....

Overall FANTASTIC as I have said... Looking forward to many of the long-term health benefits I have been so diligently reading about.. (Thats How I found Birthdayshoes.com) I am experience enhanced sensation in my feet when I walk barefoot......

Hears To the Health YOUR Feet  Wink

JUST SO U KNOW.
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
... I WAS ............
.......... HERE ......
....................SHOWIN LOVE
« on: August 14, 2009, 12:38:14 AM »

justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 02:34:22 PM »

Hi Everyone!!! Grin Able Here

I am excited about "birthdayshoes.com" and my VibramFiveFinger Flows they are awesome..... Honestly the BEST pair of shoes I have ever owned Cheesy .....

My discovery was from someone that came to my job.. I asked what are those FUNKY shoes.... Took me months but, I am now a proud owner of some FANTASTIC Footware.... Some Birthday Shoes lol Tongue .......... Bought them Last sunday and I have been wearing them as much as I can for the past week..... A few things I have noticed Is the rubbing or pressure that has made my Big toes hurt (going away with wear)... Breaking them in (more room than I thought) Good for socks Hopefully.....(going to pick up some injinji's tomorrow).... And Foot odor Lol.... Not to sure about this, I keep my feet clean and use foot powder but, noticed that my feet tend to have some odor after wearing the shoes....

Overall FANTASTIC as I have said... Looking forward to many of the long-term health benefits I have been so diligently reading about.. (Thats How I found Birthdayshoes.com) I am experience enhanced sensation in my feet when I walk barefoot......

Hears To the Health YOUR Feet  Wink

Welcome to the forums!

Definitely is a bit of "break-in" with VFFs (in my experience anyway).  As for odor, I don't have the link to the forum discussion about this on hand, but take a peak around and I'm sure you'll find it -- there are various methods to deal with VFF odor from vinegar to lemon concentrate (I think) to oxyclean.  Check it out!

allawayr

allawayr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 05:43:18 PM »

Welcome, Able! Glad you're enjoying the Flows!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/yawalla
Better Living Through Nutrition: http://livingthroughnutrition.wordpress.com/
Ableobject

Ableobject is a new face.

~*VFF's 4 Living and 4 Life*~

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:12:04 PM »

Welcome to the forums!

Definitely is a bit of "break-in" with VFFs (in my experience anyway).  As for odor, I don't have the link to the forum discussion about this on hand, but take a peak around and I'm sure you'll find it -- there are various methods to deal with VFF odor from vinegar to lemon concentrate (I think) to oxyclean.  Check it out!

Thank you for the warm welcome.... I plan on replacing all of my shoes with Birthday shoes. (Thinking abuot the KSO's or Waiting for the new styles)....  I chose to go with the oxy clean method, it was pretty easy... (Picked Up some today)

JUST SO U KNOW.
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
... I WAS ............
.......... HERE ......
....................SHOWIN LOVE
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:12:04 PM »

irie

irie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 12:54:47 PM »

Where did you find a place selling Five Fingers in Central PA?! I moved here late last summer & the closest place I've found is a 2 hour drive to Philly. My Sprints are lonely! 
barefoot

barefoot is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 10:23:09 AM »

My husband hails from Central PA, in Portage near Johnstown.  We're around Somerset/Altoona quite often.  Are you from around there?
irie

irie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »

I'm in South Central PA. About 20 miles south of Harrisburg Smiley
Katie

Katie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »

Ha! I'm from Shippensburg, PA. Living in Lafayette, IN right now though.  Tongue
I've had good luck just ordering my shoes straight from Vibram or REI if you don't have a store within reasonable distance.
bohicawill

bohicawill is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 10:59:18 PM »

Welcome Aboard!
ksomatt

ksomatt is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 09:50:08 PM »

Where did you find a place selling Five Fingers in Central PA?! I moved here late last summer & the closest place I've found is a 2 hour drive to Philly. My Sprints are lonely!  

York is probably considered south central PA, but I bought a pair of KSO's from Flying Feet in York.  Somewhat of a limited selection (Black KSO's, Treks, Bikilas), but it was nice to try them on in person.  Check them out!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:54:44 PM by ksomatt » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: