BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 18, 2014, 03:44:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: intro  (Read 558 times)
perseid88

perseid88 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:58:11 AM »

Step 1.  I've made the decision to purchase a pair of VFF's.  I run trails alot and am a forefoot runner already.  I use the lightest minimalist shoes now and these seem to be a perfect match to my style.  Barefoot, but protected.
But the new Trek seems to be the best for me.  Is it a reality?  Will they be available in retail stores anytime soon or are they on the back burner?
I'm also in between a 41 and 42 (in the KSO).  I've only been able to try on the 41.  Feel great and they are what helped me decide I needed some.  But my first two toes are right up against the end.  Will I have troubles on long runs if my feet swell?  Will i regret such a tight fit?  My foot(s) measures 10-3/8"
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:58:11 AM »

justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 05:45:51 PM »

I think it's ok that your toes go up against the edge so long as they aren't being squished at all.  I do think you might want to try 42 just to see how it feels -- is is too big for your toes?  Just right?

I think you can trail run in regular KSOs fine (I have and it is fine).  Treks are unknown at this point -- relatively untested (though Barefoot Ted loves his).  I think the key problem with getting them is going to be availability.  I think they are just gonna scream off the shelves.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: