BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 24, 2014, 12:49:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Big Hello from the South West of England,UK  (Read 1648 times)
RobbieD

RobbieD is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 09, 2009, 01:52:42 PM »

Good Thursday to all,

I will receive my first ever pair of Vibram FiveFingers tomorrow, they will be black KSO's which I was lucky to win on ebay for 68.00 GBP - they are Brand New and Never worn.

I will let you know my experiences after my test run over the weekend.

I am a martial artist who is currently training in Ninjitsu and Ju-Jitsu and wanted something that was like barefoot but with more traction - lets see how these go!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Warmest Regards
Robbie.
« on: July 09, 2009, 01:52:42 PM »

koffeekev

koffeekev is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »

Hi Robbie.
Everyone will echo my thoughts when I say to go slowly at first. Not many people can just slip them on and go. You need to get used to your new posture and muscle demands. It sounds like it will be an easy adustment for you. Good luck.

Welcome and enjoy your new KSO's. Kevin
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 06:46:18 PM by koffeekev » Logged

*I'm barefoot for skeletel correctness*
kso black x 4
kso gray x1
kso flow black x1
kso treksport black x1
kso trek black x 2
kso trek brown x 3
classic tan x1
seeya's black neon x1
vivo aqueous black x1
vivo aqueous grey x1
vivo dharma black x1
vivo aqua brown x1
merrill radius glove b
RobbieD

RobbieD is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:29:23 AM »

Thank you Kevin for the advice, they have arrived and are on my feet!
I must walk fairly normally anyway as it seems no different to walking in bare feet !

My only difficulty was splitting up the toes enough to get them into the toe pockets - especially the 2 furthest away from my big toe.

I am sure this will get easier the more I put them on.

Well a weekend of testing ahead, and am now just awaiting my injinji socks to arrive.

Have a great weekend everyone and happy FiveFingering (That could come across totally missunderstood!)
lol

Robbie.
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 11:17:03 AM »

Good Thursday to all,

I will receive my first ever pair of Vibram FiveFingers tomorrow, they will be black KSO's which I was lucky to win on ebay for 68.00 GBP - they are Brand New and Never worn.

I will let you know my experiences after my test run over the weekend.

I am a martial artist who is currently training in Ninjitsu and Ju-Jitsu and wanted something that was like barefoot but with more traction - lets see how these go!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Warmest Regards
Robbie.

Welcome to the forums -- and I can't wait to hear how these work with martial arts.  I don't think I've heard any first hand accounts of VFFs being used in martial arts (though many have suggested they'd be good for it).

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 11:17:03 AM »

allawayr

allawayr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 02:34:15 PM »

Welcome, RobbieD Grin

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/yawalla
Better Living Through Nutrition: http://livingthroughnutrition.wordpress.com/
LinuxRacr

LinuxRacr is a new face.

I run from coyotes barefoot!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 10:21:53 PM »

I myself am a martial artist (Shito Ryu, Goju Ryu), and have used my Vibram FF KSO for this.  They work great!  Just make sure your surface will not give you TOO much grip.
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:00:39 PM »

I myself am a martial artist (Shito Ryu, Goju Ryu), and have used my Vibram FF KSO for this.  They work great!  Just make sure your surface will not give you TOO much grip.

That's what I was wondering -- too much grip.  Good to know.

LinuxRacr

LinuxRacr is a new face.

I run from coyotes barefoot!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »

Well it all depends on your purpose.  Just like with regular shoes, you would adjust to what you would be doing.  You just have to be aware of the fact that Vibram makes good soles that grip, and have to adjust accordingly.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: