BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 23, 2014, 10:21:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another from Australia!  (Read 367 times)
HatikTen

HatikTen is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2011, 01:23:03 AM »

Long time lurker, first time poster... Smiley

Had to post as I've just got my black/gold Komodosport from CitySports New York, brought back by a friend! About USD$105 inc taxes compared with getting them here for about USD$230.  What a great shoe - glad I got these instead of the Bikilas I was looking at. Can't wait to take them out for a run.

I already have 2 KSOs - my first I bought in Singapore about 12 months ago (the outdoor life shop), but wearing them barefoot in hot humid weather made them quite hmmmm...  My second KSO pair I usually only wear with toe socks now, and it doesn't seem to be as bad in the smell department.  Oh and if anyone was wondering, the prices in Singapore were as expensive as KSO's in Australia (SGD $190ish vs AUD$159).

I've found running on pavement/gravel paths in the KSOs generally ok, except in the recent really wet weather, the KSOs seem to be quite slippery on wet footpaths - not to mention my cold feet!

Hope the Komodo's more aggressive sole makes a difference, although I can feel the difference in thickness of the sole walking around at home in them already.
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: May 16, 2011, 01:23:03 AM »

jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 08:28:32 AM »

Welcome to BirthdayShoes!

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: