BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 23, 2014, 03:00:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Austin, TX VFF  (Read 632 times)
HighHandicap

HighHandicap is a new face.

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »

Hi all,

I got my first pair of VFFs for Christmas from my wife; a pair of black KSOs. I've been wearing them to the gym, at home in the evenings, and all day on weekends. I don't get to wear them to work as we're a little uptight about those things.

My wife doesn't like us to wear outside shoes in the house so I've preordered a pair of Komodos to be my do everything VFF and I'll clean up the KSOs to keep using around the house.

I can't believe how strange it feels to wear "normal" shoes now. My feet love the VFFs!
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »

Bigmantank

Bigmantank is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:37:10 PM »

Hello and welcome. I have been wearing my VFF's for close to a year now and I now now enjoy running and exercise, it is no longer a chore just to get fit. Hope they do the same for you.

Easy, Light, Smooth and Fast is the way to run.
HighHandicap

HighHandicap is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »

Thanks Bigmantank! I've been working out on a rigorous weight training program since July '10 and I just switched to the KSOs. I love the enhanced dexterity and balance that they promote.

As for running, I haven't been much of a runner since I got out of the Army. I used to run 5 minute miles but I have no interest in doing that any more and I never had any aches/pains resulting from running. When I do start running again, I'll definitely be doing it in a pair of VFFs.

These things definitely get noticed. Even if you're wearing the black/black ones at night. I was the most popular guy at the Christmas party because everyone wanted to know more about them. I think 3 or 4 of the surgeons at the party went out and bought a pair to help with the hours they have to stand during surgery.
jcarneytx

jcarneytx is starting to look familiar.jcarneytx is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 07:56:38 PM »

Cool. I'm also in Austin. Usually run in my Treks at Bull Creek.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 07:56:38 PM »

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 02:11:44 PM »

Welcome! Smiley

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: