BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 19, 2014, 09:46:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad design  (Read 3623 times)
iain

iain is starting to look familiar.iain is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 07:41:14 PM »

I now agree that your KSO are probably normal, it looks like you toes are the cause! You could check the return policy with your retailer.

A third option: KSO Treks have a better shaped sole which may help you toes avoid contact with the ground.

"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." Woody Allen
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 07:41:14 PM »

tak555

tak555 is starting to look familiar.tak555 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 07:48:54 PM »

if i were you, i'd look into an alternative like:
http://birthdayshoes.com/vivo-barefoot-evo-running-shoe-initial-review-and-first-impressions

i stole this from member Ableobject... but it's cool:
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
Delta6

Delta6 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »

Haha I was just on Terra Plana's site. Would probably be a much better purchase. Sounds like a company that makes quality products as well. Unfortunately they are out of stock until April.
Delta6

Delta6 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »

I now agree that your KSO are probably normal, it looks like you toes are the cause! You could check the return policy with your retailer.

A third option: KSO Treks have a better shaped sole which may help you toes avoid contact with the ground.

I purchased them directly from Vibram. They have a 30 day return policy but only if the shoes are unused and in their original packaging....burn. Rather unpleasent experience thus far with this company, still don't plan on recommending them to anyone anytime soon. In fact my fiancee was going to purchase a pair in the coming weeks. I will be steering her towards the Terra Plana Evo's
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »

hippierunner

hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »

Yea, looking at the bottom shot, those KSO look normal...  Your big toes curve in a lot!  No offense, but that is bizzare, I've never seen that before.  That is a real bummer on the return policy.  I'm glad I never had a problem with my VFF and have logged over 400miles in my classics so far.
gb

gb is starting to look familiar.gb is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 08:49:17 PM »

cinderella problem;  the same (mold) of shoes can't be expected to fit every feet perfectly..  

a friend of mine has rather humongous big toes;  it looks like they are about to burst out the toe pocket on both sides.  But there was no alignment issue and so far he's totally happy.  

I'd still say give Vibram a try. I've talked to them several times about defects and they've been receptive and fair. Sure, yours doesn't look defective, but showing them the pictures may convince them how the shoes are just not right for you (and that you may not realize this fit problem right away..)    Alternatively, selling them on EBay or something to recover most of the cost is also fairly straight forward.

On the other hand, I wouldn't nec deprive your fiancee from the amazing VFF experience simply because their design doesn't fit you quite right...
Delta6

Delta6 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 09:01:47 PM »

On the other hand, I wouldn't nec deprive your fiancee from the amazing VFF experience simply because their design doesn't fit you quite right...

Theres other company's that provide an experience like FiveFingers, and after reading this article (http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/terra_plana_vivo_barefoot_evo_review.html) it sounds like theres better experiences.

And its more than just the design and more than just me ...

http://birthdayshoes.com/forum/birthdayshoes-com-general-discussion/vff-defects!/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:04:21 PM by Delta6 » Logged
tak555

tak555 is starting to look familiar.tak555 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 09:17:52 PM »

Theres other company's that provide an experience like FiveFingers, and after reading this article (http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/terra_plana_vivo_barefoot_evo_review.html) it sounds like theres better experiences.

http://birthdayshoes.com/forum/birthdayshoes-com-general-discussion/vff-defects!/

so, the evo's seem like a good alternative, but like the reviewer mentions... $160 is a pretty good chunk of change for a shoe that is meant to mimic not wearing shoes at all... i thought $85 was a lot for my KSO's! i don't think i could swallow $160, unless i didn't have a choice (such as your situation).

bottom line is that IF the VFF's fit your fiancee, why not save some money and go with those?  there are a lot of people on this site that love them.

i stole this from member Ableobject... but it's cool:
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
McLoki

McLoki is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 09:26:56 PM »

A review of the VFF's from the same site refers to them as "the current gold-standard by which all other minimalist shoes are measured."  http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/vibram_five_fingers_kso_review.html

I stand by my and others comments of sorry it did not work out for you, but I would not say it was at the fault of the shoe.  Why deprive others from the experience because they did not work out for you?  Ultimately it is your choice of course...

Michael
Delta6

Delta6 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 09:32:48 PM »

Quote from the Evo review

"I think it is the best minimalist shoe available as of March 2010"

And I stand by my comment that I think the design could be improved.

Why buy a product from a company that has a known quality control/defect problem? Now that I am aware of it I plan to make others. Granted my issue was not a defect but my issue is also a risk to any potential buyer.

Ultimately it is your choice of course...

Exactly
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:35:48 PM by Delta6 » Logged
gb

gb is starting to look familiar.gb is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 10:11:45 PM »

You don't need to tell me about the defects; I am the one who initially pointed out a couple of the major defects on this board. 

That said, I owe 6 pairs and have given 4 pairs out as gifts and converted at least 7 friends to them, and are eying for more.   Took me months and months to find the right fit/good pair.  But as I said, the VFF experience was worth it for me, despite all these issues. 

I was merely pointing out that your particular "bad design" complaint wasn't terribly warranted; others may still enjoy them tremendously.  But as you said, it's your choice...
hippierunner

hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 10:45:49 PM »

The evo has been out for maybe a month whereas VFF have already been "proven" in the minimalist community for years.  Nobody knows how the evo will hold up in the long term and that's a hard $160 to swallow.  I have over 400miles in my VFF classics and by the looks of them I'll be getting 400 more.  The quality control issue has been going on for about 6 months now and they are in the middle of revamping the entire VFF lineup.  That's a pretty arrogant point of view you are taking IMO.

EDIT: If you really don't buy from companies that have had defect/quality control issues in the past, then I don't believe you wear shoes at all.  Now if Vibram doesn't address the issue, that's another story...  I've already put my purchase of a new pair of classics on hold for the time being.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:57:31 PM by hippierunner » Logged
Delta6

Delta6 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 11:03:35 PM »

That said, I owe 6 pairs and have given 4 pairs out as gifts and converted at least 7 friends to them, and are eying for more.   Took me months and months to find the right fit/good pair.  But as I said, the VFF experience was worth it for me, despite all these issues. 

Guess you gotta have Vibram Fanboys just as theirs Apple one's.

That's a pretty arrogant point of view you are taking IMO.

Says the kid who...it aint worth it

If you guys like the shoes and the company thats great, I don't. Is it really affecting you in anyway? Get over it..
hippierunner

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 11:12:49 PM »

That's a pretty arrogant point of view you are taking IMO.

Says the kid who...it aint worth it

If you guys like the shoes and the company thats great, I don't. Is it really affecting you in anyway? Get over it..

The kid who what, I would love to hear it.

How can we be fanboys if we've been wearing VFF before an alternative minimalist running shoe even existed.  Like I said, the evo has been out a month and you are preaching about it without even wearing them!  You have all this anger over 1 pair of specialty shoes that didn't fit your feet and a recent quality control issue.  We really were trying to help you man...
Delta6

Delta6 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 11:43:03 PM »

The evo has been out for maybe a month whereas VFF have already been "proven" in the minimalist community for years.  Nobody knows how the evo will hold up in the long term and that's a hard $160 to swallow.  I have over 400miles in my VFF classics and by the looks of them I'll be getting 400 more.  The quality control issue has been going on for about 6 months now and they are in the middle of revamping the entire VFF lineup.  That's a pretty arrogant point of view you are taking IMO.

EDIT: If you really don't buy from companies that have had defect/quality control issues in the past, then I don't believe you wear shoes at all.  Now if Vibram doesn't address the issue, that's another story...  I've already put my purchase of a new pair of classics on hold for the time being.

So you are having reservations about buying another "proven" product from this company... Pretty ignorant point of view IMO.

How can we be fanboys if we've been wearing VFF before an alternative minimalist running shoe even existed.  Like I said, the evo has been out a month and you are preaching about it without even wearing them!  You have all this anger over 1 pair of specialty shoes that didn't fit your feet and a recent quality control issue.  We really were trying to help you man...

You are taking it personal that someone is not going to recommend a pair of shoes to others and is interested in another pair...talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

And here's the deal with the Evo's IMO.. they sound promising. I know one issue I have with the Vibram's would be eliminated...my big toe would not fall out of its "pocket" that to me is a step in the right direction from a potential buyers point of view. And as your fellow members have stated if I chose to recommend against Vibrams...you need not worry about that matter.

In regards to the Fanyboy...First that wasn't directed at you, two I believe there have been other minimalist shoes around for the past few years (first one that comes to mind is the Nike Free)...and two its obvious you dont even understand the principals of fanboydom :p

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:46:00 PM by Delta6 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: