BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 22, 2014, 09:49:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 570 times)
roflcopterpaul

roflcopterpaul is a new face.

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2012, 03:31:49 AM »

... To all of you beautiful, glorious people! Just randomly joined this forum because I had some questions about VFF's. Figured I would say hello and introduce myself while I am at it!

I purchased my first pair of Vibrams (KSO's) in August of 2011 and have not worn anything else since (except for when absolutely needed due to injury or cleaning of the Vibrams). I have been quite surprised by how often total strangers will stop me and ask about them. I always recommend them with the whole spiel of being more natural, healthy, etc., but I also make sure to throw in, "They give you the agility of a jungle cat. This has been scientifically proven." I also purchased a pair for the wife at the same time and she wears hers often. I also recently picked up a pair of KSO Trek's and got the wife some TrekSport's so we can go hiking. After years of staying in the house constantly to play games online, I am finally getting back in shape with physical activity (even getting a silver medal in the local Corporate Challenge in the 100m, wearing my Vibrams!) and enjoying working at Zappos.com. ^_^

Also, you are all awesome, just because.
« on: March 29, 2012, 03:31:49 AM »

rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 05:17:43 AM »

Welcome!

So you work at Zappos??  Wink

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 08:53:33 AM »

Welcome to BirthdayShoes!

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:01:12 AM »

Welcome... now tell Zappos to carry VFF's!

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:01:12 AM »

toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 10:59:06 AM »

Welcome! Sounds enjoy em quite a lot lol.   I love vff couples, I'm keeping my toes crossed my gf falls in love with em when we go try them on and she gets a pair. That would be awesome.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 11:23:51 AM »

Welcome! Sounds enjoy em quite a lot lol.   I love vff couples, I'm keeping my toes crossed my gf falls in love with em when we go try them on and she gets a pair. That would be awesome.

I think that is the biggest step.  My g/f HATED!!!!! them.  then we walked past a store and she saw the speeds in the blue color and she loved it.  We tried them on and she immediately understood why I liked them.  She is now fully addicted.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 11:59:59 AM »

Welcome to the site!

I don't think Zappos can carry VFFs because they are an online only store. Is that correct?

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »

Welcome to the site!

I don't think Zappos can carry VFFs because they are an online only store. Is that correct?

Under current Vibram policy... that is correct.  But with as big as Zappos is getting, I think an exception should be made.

grimreeper

grimreeper is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 08:46:41 PM »

Welcome to the site!
roflcopterpaul

roflcopterpaul is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 04:21:06 AM »

I am very sad that Zappos does not carry Vibrams. So many of us wish they did, but alas, to no avail. We have been trying to get them for a while, but there is no way it can happen at this point in time. Zappos is entirely online, so that is just one of many policies that prevents it from happening. But, we can keep our fingers, and our toes, crossed!
JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 11:20:46 AM »

I wonder if Zappos could get around it by opening a "warehouse store" or "clearance center".  Attach it to themain warehouse and there is your Brick and Mortar location.  Personally, it sounds like Vibram is being stubborn about it.  This is a large company that exceptions could be made for.  It seems like most stores keep minimal stock in stores just so they can offer every line online. 

acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 08:41:57 PM »

You should get discounts on Vivobarefoot , Merrell Barefoot, and New Balance Minimus if you work at Zappos  Tongue
(40% employee discount on the Zappos.com website)

You could probably make a killing reselling Vivobarefoot casual offerings since they charge shipping.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:49:27 PM by acc » Logged

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 05:52:17 AM »

Since I just want to say "hello" , I'll just add a post reply, and will not start a new topic :-)

I got through the 4 question registration form (you get a lot of spammers if you need such a strong forum guards) :-)

Few month ago (naerly half a year) I have started barefoot living. Where I can, I go barefoot (namely without shoes), or in my minimal shoes (got a great and cheap - $12 -  pair in Decathlon Poland - model Many by newfeet-shoes.com which I upgraded with a self-made-zero-drop leather insert, for feet comfort. I also have a pair of Lemings Footware, which I bought just to see how "bad" are Decathlons minimal shoes :-) - both pairs I use for walking/work & not for running.
I run only without shoes. Running is a strong word in my situation, as I am in the transition period - I do 2k runs few times a week on asphalt, and did some longer barefoot runs (up to 9k) in the woods, which was great, but also very stupid (from my feet perspective, and their strength).
I will try to post in proper english, but it is not my native language, so please excuse my spellings etc.   

I also like GNU/Linux and an free software/open source movement and motorcycle travels (I can't find any minimal motorcycle boots) :-)

So, hello to everyone and thank you for this site & forums.
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 06:00:36 AM »

I also like GNU/Linux and an free software/open source movement...

Free feet and Free software. Smiley

I've also been using Linux as the primary operating system on my computers for about sixteen years.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: