BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 21, 2014, 03:58:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 396 times)
envirogirl48

envirogirl48 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I've been a VFF user since I was 17--and I'm now 20. I love them, and they completely changed my life. I run every day, and I haven't really had a break in over a year. But I've been running (pun intended) into some issues lately that I need help with. I have really bad lower back pain, and I'm not sure if this is a result from the VFF's and too much running or something else. I know that they are supposed to help with back pain, but has anyone heard about them causing back pain?

I'll post in the general discussion forum too!

Thank you!
« on: August 08, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »

Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 12:11:30 PM »

The only time I get back pain running in VFF's is when I lean forward, even just looking at the ground instead of at the horizon is enough to create a tiny lean that overloads my back muscles.

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »

Welcome!

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:51:59 AM »

AS a new member of  Five Fingers, I'm comming to give a prompt to you.hh
This my blog,just clicking "http://showtimeup.blogspot.com" to know me more

Im sorry, all ready following tysongoesbarefoot.blogspot.com, way to much blogs to follow.

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:51:59 AM »

nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 03:58:38 AM »

AS a new member of  Five Fingers, I'm comming to give a prompt to you.hh
This my blog,just clicking "http://xxxxxxxxx.blogspot.com" to know me more

Im sorry, all ready following tysongoesbarefoot.blogspot.com, way to much blogs to follow.

Don't worry. It's not worth following. It's an astroturf blog for a Chinese shoe vendor, with a little howlingly awfully translated "editorial".

For example its tips for cleaning suede include the hilarious:
The initial step in maintaining your suede searching amazing would be to protect this! The smartest thing that you can do for your own suede or even nubuck items would be to spray a few weather protestant onto it.

I'll be hanging around my local non-conformist chapel in the rain just to see if I can get a good supply of "weather protestants".  Cheesy

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:15:38 AM »

AS a new member of  Five Fingers, I'm comming to give a prompt to you.hh
This my blog,just clicking "http://xxxxxxxxx.blogspot.com" to know me more

Don't worry. It's not worth following.  

sar·casm[sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:20:24 AM by Lyonel » Logged

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 12:34:37 PM »

sar·casm[sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark
We also do sarcasm and irony in Britain. In fact, much of our humour is based on it. It's rare to see someone from the other side of the pond do it right though. Hence the need to use a /sarc tag every now and then.

Have a nice day!

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »

@nowster

Lyonel is from the Netherlands, not the US.  Sarcasm is widely used in the US as well, at least it is by me.  I am trying to help sarcasm make a comeback, LOL.  The problem with sarcasm, when it applies to forum posts or written word in general, is it is not always immediately or even easily detected.  When I first read Lyonel's post, I did not necessarily detect it as sarcasm, which you obviously did not either.  Based on some of Lyonel's comments in other thread posts, I did eventually draw that conclusion, even before he reiterated it with the definition post later on. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 01:30:13 PM »

My apologies to Lyonel for wrongly assuming where he was from. Indeed it's useful to mark subtle humour in some manner as, when written in text on a screen, it can easily be misinterpreted.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: