BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 20, 2014, 06:50:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Central Texas!  (Read 538 times)
JD Hammo

JD Hammo is a new face.

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:51:30 PM »

Smiley Hello Birthday Shoes!

My name is Jacob and I live in just about the center of Texas.  I just ordered my first pair of VFFs (Black KSOs, size 39 on account of my tiny feet...) yesterday and personally can't wait for them to be here!  I've had problems with my sciatic nerve and back/neck since the 7th grade (now a Senior in High School) so I'm hoping I get the relief that I've been hearing so much about, because chiropractors and posture changes only help so much.  I've been working on my foot strength by running barefoot some on and off but I don't have a whole lot of places to run with no shoes right now (on account of the heat and the fact that the only grass in my area is very brittle and cuts because it's actually weeds.)  Can't wait to enjoy these shoes and the reactions I'll get from my town, which is pretty far behind the times...

Breaking in my new favorite pair of shoes that I've had all my life.
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:51:30 PM »

jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:28:44 AM »

Welcome to BirthdayShoes!

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
equiraptor

equiraptor is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 12:08:32 PM »

Lots of the grass in central Texas is sharp, even when it's not designated a "weed" (carpet grass / St. Augustine's is some stout stuff). Welcome, and I hope the shoes help! Smiley

Sprint Slate/Lichen W39 (first pair, too big), Jaya LR Almond/Copper W37, Bikila LS Black/Grey W37, SmartWool Classic Charcoal W39 (also roomy, but that's nice with the EcoStep sole), W38 KSO Trek Black
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 06:33:26 PM »

Lots of the grass in central Texas is sharp, even when it's not designated a "weed" (carpet grass / St. Augustine's is some stout stuff). Welcome, and I hope the shoes help! Smiley

Trying to find any living grass in Texas apart from a golf course is tough. With this killer drought and heat, everything is pretty much scorched.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 06:33:26 PM »

JD Hammo

JD Hammo is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »

Our local golf course is about half dead too now because of our water restrictions.  Things haven't been too great this summer for the leafy green stuff :/

Breaking in my new favorite pair of shoes that I've had all my life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: