BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 23, 2014, 06:37:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Indiana!  (Read 710 times)
technoindigo

technoindigo is a new face.

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2009, 02:23:43 PM »

I've had my pair of blue Sprint's for two years now. I wear them off and on, and haven't gotten to wear them that often, but am really starting to get back into wearing them so I can hopefully work out more and lose weight! That's one of my goals, even if I have to wear them solely inside! I want to get a pair of KSO's so I can still wear them in the fall/winter with socks maybe. I'm not very athletic at all, but would like to work my way into a pair of the KSO Trek's and start trail hiking.

My original reason for getting the shoes, aside from the fact they are simply so unique and awesome looking, is the idea of being able to go barefoot with protection on my feet. I hardly ever used to go barefoot, and aside from when I was a small child had not so much as worn flip-flops until my freshman year of college. I just can't stand grit and grime on my feet or the pain it caused to walk barefoot and step on pebbles and things. The VFFs were such a freeing experience when I first put them on, but had sadly been neglected quite often after my first summer of using them. I was in college in northern Indiana, and we have lots of lake effect snow in the winter, so I put them away and forgot about them. I came across this site the other day and decided to dig my Sprints back out and get into walking in them again. Even though the temperatures are heading into their autumn likeness I am looking forward to a few more weeks wearing them out and about!

Nora
« on: September 16, 2009, 02:23:43 PM »

desaulniers

desaulniers is a regular 'round here.desaulniers is a regular 'round here.desaulniers is a regular 'round here.

I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »

Welcome to the community.

justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 03:11:42 PM »

I've had my pair of blue Sprint's for two years now. I wear them off and on, and haven't gotten to wear them that often, but am really starting to get back into wearing them so I can hopefully work out more and lose weight! That's one of my goals, even if I have to wear them solely inside! I want to get a pair of KSO's so I can still wear them in the fall/winter with socks maybe. I'm not very athletic at all, but would like to work my way into a pair of the KSO Trek's and start trail hiking.

My original reason for getting the shoes, aside from the fact they are simply so unique and awesome looking, is the idea of being able to go barefoot with protection on my feet. I hardly ever used to go barefoot, and aside from when I was a small child had not so much as worn flip-flops until my freshman year of college. I just can't stand grit and grime on my feet or the pain it caused to walk barefoot and step on pebbles and things. The VFFs were such a freeing experience when I first put them on, but had sadly been neglected quite often after my first summer of using them. I was in college in northern Indiana, and we have lots of lake effect snow in the winter, so I put them away and forgot about them. I came across this site the other day and decided to dig my Sprints back out and get into walking in them again. Even though the temperatures are heading into their autumn likeness I am looking forward to a few more weeks wearing them out and about!

Nora

Sounds like your neglect enabled you to basically relive the noob-VFF experience -- so that's a win in my book!  Welcome to the forums Wink

iamcam

iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.

Jesus wore huaraches.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 04:32:37 PM »

awesome that you got back into them! what part of Indy are you from?

I am Cam

go barefoot... everything else is just holding you back.

I miss 100% of the shots I don't take.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 04:32:37 PM »

technoindigo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 04:45:08 PM »

awesome that you got back into them! what part of Indy are you from?

Close to Evansville. And you?
technoindigo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 04:47:10 PM »

Sounds like your neglect enabled you to basically relive the noob-VFF experience -- so that's a win in my book!  Welcome to the forums Wink

Yup. My toes still remember everything, but I'm simply out of shape! Also been experiencing some foot pain from my normal shoes again, so I decided to work myself back into the VFFs! Smiley
iamcam

iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.

Jesus wore huaraches.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 01:22:50 AM »

I'm from London, KY.

I am Cam

go barefoot... everything else is just holding you back.

I miss 100% of the shots I don't take.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: