BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 24, 2014, 05:24:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from KelBelToo in NY  (Read 1101 times)
kelbeltoo

kelbeltoo is a new face.

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2009, 02:55:10 PM »

1. What styles VFFs do you currently have?  3 Pairs of KSO's and 1 pair of Sprints  Want? Something for the winter!
2. How did you first hear about VFFs?  I was trying to find a pair of lighweight racing flats (4 oz.) and a friend showed me a pic.
3. How long have you had your VFFs? 6 mos.
4. What do you enjoy doing in your VFFs? Running and everyday wear
5. Do you have any funny stories about people seeing you in them?  They are certainly a conversation starter.  Someone yelled from a passing car "hey, you forgot to tie your shoes!"
6. Have you ever spurred anyone else to get VFFs?  My running partner
7. What is your job, and will they let you wear VFFs to work?  Paralegal, YES!
8. Anything else you'd like to share about yourself?  Will be running my first marathon in my KSO's in 3 weeks.
9. How'd you hear about birthdayshoes.com?  found it while searching VFF's
« on: September 23, 2009, 02:55:10 PM »

AlanT

AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.

Run, eat, sleep, repeat...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 03:04:14 PM »

Will be running my first marathon in my KSO's in 3 weeks.

Very cool! Don't forget to keep us posted about your marathon prep - and the marathon itself, of course!

Welcome to the boards!

Alan

Barefoot Journey blog: http://thwaits.wordpress.com/
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:06:37 PM »

Welcome and ignore the naked guy running through the forums, that's just Alan. Wink
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:23:18 PM »

Welcome to the forums -- what's the story behind your username?

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:23:18 PM »

ZeitHeld

ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.

And so Antaeus returns, wiser for the wear.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 06:35:03 PM »

Wow, 4 pairs in 6 months? You're going to going to have exponentially more pairs than everyone on this board in only a few short weeks at that rate. Hell, you could be THE reason for the shortage.

Haha, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you.

twitter.com/derekofbavaria
facebook.com/derek.beyer
Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 02:14:52 AM »

Wow, 4 pairs in 6 months? You're going to going to have exponentially more pairs than everyone on this board in only a few short weeks at that rate. Hell, you could be THE reason for the shortage.
I've done better than that. My first purchase was just two weeks ago. All total I've ordered 4 pairs in the last two weeks, including two Treks.  Though one of the Treks will be returned or sold.
kelbeltoo

kelbeltoo is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 02:33:11 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome!

As for the marathon prep - it has been great.  I have logged a total of 360 miles on my 1st pair of KSO's.  The razor-siped outsole is pretty much warn away on most of the mid-foot.  My longest run in them to date has been 20 miles.  I wore my newest pair of "running" KSO's last night.  I forgot how sticky they are when new.  I have worn my only pair of sprints mostly every day since I got them and the outsole shows hardly any wear.

I emailed Vibram and told then the perfect VFF for running in the Northeast would be the Flow combined with the more rugged outsole of the Men's Trek (no version for women!)...someday

As for my user name - it's a combination of my first name (Kelley) and a nickname (Kelley Bell) that I tried to use on another site and every variation seemed to be alrady taken, so I came up with KelBelToo - know I just have to remember it!!
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 04:38:12 PM »

I always like hearing how people arrive at certain forum names.  Language and wordplay fascinates me Smiley

EgoscueNY

EgoscueNY is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 10:40:02 AM »

Just want to say Hello as being in NY as well.  I just have ONE pair of the KSO's which I got this past May.  I've since destroyed them and in need of a new pair.  Anyone in the Westchester area know of where I can go locally to grab either new KSO's or a pair of the Trek's! 

Thanks!  Love the shoes and really push all of my clients to get them.  They are not only fun, but help with a multitude of issues!

Take care,

Greg
allawayr

allawayr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 08:18:39 PM »

Welcome to the forums, KelBelToo!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/yawalla
Better Living Through Nutrition: http://livingthroughnutrition.wordpress.com/
AlexMontilla

AlexMontilla is a new face.

View Profile