BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 02, 2014, 09:58:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello From Massachusetts  (Read 607 times)
@mr_incredibleS2

@mr_incredibleS2 is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 05, 2011, 05:05:09 AM »

Hi all,

First of all let me thank Justin and City Sports, as I was the winner of the Komodo Sports LS!  They came in the mail the other day, and when I put them on, I was shocked at how comfortable they were.  I started running barefoot in April right after I ran the Boston Marathon.  It was tough at first, first because I was not used to being barefoot, but also going so slow and for such short distances.  I have graduated to running 5 miles completely barefoot.  Since I was not new to barefoot running, putting on the VFF Komodo's and running was easy.  I went on a 4 mile run for my first run.  I found myself to be running a little quicker and on rougher roads than I would barefoot.  I plan on continuing my barefoot/minimalist shoe/VFF running, and with any luck, I will be wearing my VFF's for the '12 Goofy Challenge!
« on: August 05, 2011, 05:05:09 AM »

jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 08:38:02 AM »

Congrats on winning the Komodo Sports LS!  Welcome to BirthdayShoes!

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 09:04:44 AM »

Welcome to BDS. Congrats on the sweet swag you won. Have you done the Goofy challenge before? I am doing the marathon, it will be my first time running a marathon.

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 10:05:26 AM »

Congratulations.  Nice to hear from someone that won.  Welcome to birthdayshoes.  Normally member's first posts are filled with warnings regarding their barefoot transition.  Since you are already akin to running barefoot, we can forgoe that.  I hope you enjoy your KomodoSport LS adn also that you find thsi website a valuable resource.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 10:05:26 AM »

Rick

Rick is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 11:06:32 AM »

Hi @mr_incredibleS2, and congratulations on your win! It is always great to be lucky!
@mr_incredibleS2

@mr_incredibleS2 is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »

Welcome to BDS. Congrats on the sweet swag you won. Have you done the Goofy challenge before? I am doing the marathon, it will be my first time running a marathon.

I have done the half in '08 and the full in '10, so the Goofy is the next logical progression.  Working towards being able to do in either barefoot or in VFF's.  5 Miles barefoot yesterday, 3 miles in VFF's today.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: