BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 22, 2014, 01:53:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from NY!  (Read 321 times)
Zafur

Zafur is a new face.

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2011, 04:29:38 PM »

Thought I might as well make an intro thread seeing as I've already made a help thread ;P
I'm honestly not really sure what to put... Tongue I guess just how I got here.

I first got interested in the barefoot/minimalistic lifestyle a while back... Perhaps a year or two ago. I thought it was interesting, but I knew I couldn't go barefoot outside of my house (been BF in home pretty much my whole life) due to not living in a nice area, so I never gave it much thought. I was mildly interested in the VFFs at the time, and thought it was cool that they apparently felt like being barefoot when outside. I looked into them and considered getting a pair because I really love the feeling of being BF, but the look really put me off, probably the price too. (I hate feet... So feet shoes were a bit disturbing.) This was back when they probably still had Mocs, etc, and before I ever saw them IRL.

Now the year or so after... I had forgotten all about them until I first saw someone wearing them during "Wacky Tacky Day" at my school. (Ohgod dating myself here ;P) I asked about them, realizing I may not need to order online for a pair, but after finding out the price I decided it wasn't worth it (I was saving up for something important).
It figures, a year after that when in college, I'd be seeing even more people wearing them around campus, and in transit. This set off a quick chain of reactions in my brain. (Lots of walking on campus + wanting to start working out + my feet notorious for quickly getting sore = test those funky shoes, stupid.)

It seems the year between sighting the VFFs let them go in and fall out of style. According to others, anyways, I honestly don't keep track of fads. But I'm glad that although I never got them before the fad, I can get them after. Last thing I want is to feel like a sheeple. Lol The bad thing now, though, is that they're in less stores now. >>;;

Anyways. Hi. Tongue
« on: October 02, 2011, 04:29:38 PM »

jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:46:52 PM »

Welcome to BirthdayShoes!

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
Zafur

Zafur is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 12:51:12 AM »

Thanks!
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 03:41:18 PM »

Welcome to BDS. Smiley

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 03:41:18 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: